An unwanted encounter. Chapter 27

[Edited]

Disclaimer: I'm back from the dead- yeah, I know, shocker! Anyway, I will try my best to work more on Wattpad, if my school isn't being a bitch. I'm just trying my best to finish this book so I can work on the others. I know I have no right to ask for more of your patience, but I hope you can understand. I don't own the picture above and have done some basic editing.

"What the hell did you do to her?!" A yell filled with anger covered my mind, anything else becoming completely irrelevant.

"That's none of your business! Besides, I could ask you the same damn thing! What were you doing with her, huh?!" Another voice argued, bringing me back to reality.

"Mother? Father?" I mumbled to myself as I let wake take hold of me and slowly propped myself up to look around my room in a daze. I looked towards the window to see Subaru and Kanato arguing in my balcony, clearly raging against each other.

"What do you think I was doing?! I wasn't stealing her away from you if that's what you're wondering! Dammit, Kanato, she's like a sister to me!" Subaru yelled, frustrated, as he gripped onto his hair and turned away from Kanato.

"Oh? So you just casually bite into your sister's neck?!" Kanato yelled back instantly, making Subaru look at him in surprise. "You really didn't think I wouldn't know about the incident, did you?! What the hell were you thinking?!" Kanato's voice gradually grew louder as he physically tensed up and took an intimidating step towards Subaru.

Subaru, however, didn't move an inch and instead, turned away to look in my direction. His eyes widened and he ran instantly to my aid, sitting on the edge of the bed and holding me in an embrace. "Oh god, you're alive!" He whispered to himself when Kanato came in my view, keeping his distance even though he clearly wanted to check up on me.

"Of course I am." I justified in a hoarse whisper but Subaru shook his head and let go of me.

"You were out for at least 30 hours. We thought you..." He mumbled and finally moved away, giving me a chance to look at Kanato properly. I extended my hand to him, letting him know it's okay to come to me. His distant expression distorted into one of guilt and pain as he tightened his lips in a thin line. He walked up to me and embraced me in his warm hug, his grip tightening on me gradually.

"I'm so sorry, so, so, so sorry..." He whispered and nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck while I rubbed his back.

"It's okay, I just... I guess I didn't expect you to accuse me of cheating on you with Subaru like that." I mumbled, making Subaru look away at my confession with his hands on his hips. I felt Kanato stiffen as the words left my lips and tried to pull away from the hug when I tightened my grip around him. "Can we just... not talk about it?" I whispered and Kanato instantly nodded, no hesitation present in his posture. A knock erupted throughout the now silent room and the door opened to reveal a worried Laito.

"Serena's awake?! That's great and I wish I could say more at the moment but... something happened to Yui!" He panted and ran out of the room instantly while we were left to look at each other in confusion before we decided to follow Laito's footsteps. We were brought into the living room where all the brothers had circled around Yui, who was laying on one of the couches, unconscious. Before I could even walk over to the group, however, I felt a weird presence around. Not being able to pinpoint the exact source of the scent, I looked around the room to only find the brothers, an unconscious Yui, and myself.

"What is it? Are you okay?" Kanato came up to me and placed his hand on my shoulder, making sure if I was okay.

"Yeah, I... Kanato, do you sense something odd... familiar, perhaps?" I switched the topic once I pinpointed the owner of the scent. His concerned expression turned cold in an instant as he looked over at Yui.