Part 14

Jen's POV:
The next day, I head to the CPS office with Lana and Sara. We get in the car, and drive the 10 minutes it takes to get there. The office is small, but nice looking and we walk in and wait in the lobby after talking to the receptionist. "Jennifer and Lana, good morning!" Chloe says as she walks up to greet us. "Sara, I'm unfortunately going to have to make you stay out here today. We have to go over a few things." Chloe says smiling at Sara, who just nods. Chloe turns around and walks to her office and we follow. Once inside, I take a look around. Nothing much is inside except for a desk with a laptop on it, one chair on one side of it and two on the other. She walks to the other side of the desk and sits down. "Please sit down." She says with a smile, gesturing to the chairs. Lana and I both sit down and place our purses on the floor next to us. "Okay, let's get started with the questions. I know you guys are both busy with your careers, how do you guys plan for her schooling since you both travel quite a bit?" Chloe asks. I look at Lana who catches my eyes for a second before she answers. "There is a private school not too far away from my place but there's also a tutor on set that works with Jared, so that's an option too." She says. "Okay good, and what about you two? Are you married, engaged, or just dating?" She asks. "Engaged" I say with a smile and hold up my hand to display my ring. Chloe smiles at me and looks at the ring. "That's beautiful!" She says and I thank her. "Okay, if you two were to ever split up, who would have the custody?" She asked with a serious look on her face. Lana looks at me nervously, my face probably showing the same expression. "It would be split." Lana says. "Okay. Everything looks great! But there's just one more thing I need to talk to you guys about..." Chloe says. Lana and I smile at each other and grab each others hands. "And that is?" Lana asks. Chloe looks at Lana straight in the eyes before answering the question. "You are going to be the only one adopting Sara." She says and I feel my heart shatter and tears spring in my eyes and I grip Lana's hand. Lana turns to look at me, she looks so confused and heartbroken. Chloe looks at us and smiles. "Its not a bad thing." Chloe says, her smile continuing to grow, and I keep getting more and more confused. "I was going through her files, and Ms. Morrison, you are her mother." She says with a huge smile on her face. Lana and I both gasp, and my hand flies to my mouth. I'm so shocked that Sara is really my daughter, but I don't exactly believe it. "Can... Can I see the birth certificate?" I ask stumbling over my words a bit. She opens the manila folder that was right in front of her. She flips through a few papers, and then pulls out a piece of card stock paper with fancy writing. She hands it to me and I stare at it, not believing what I'm seeing not one bit. I'm so surprised by this, that the certificate falls from my hand and into my lap as my hand covers my mouth again. Tears begin gliding down my face, all the while Lana and Chloe are staring at me. Lana picks up the paper from my lap, and reads it herself.

Lana's POV:
I pick up the birth certificate which is now lying in Jen's lap and I read it, and sure enough, her name is listed as the birth mother. I grab Jen's hand and look at her lovingly. I can't imagine how she's feeling with all the memories of her husband returning. It's so hard to believe that this could actually happen. I give her hand a small squeeze of encouragement as Chloe begins to talk again. "I know its hard to believe, but Jennifer, she's your daughter, meaning you already have the legal right to her. Lana is the only one that needs to sign the adoption papers." She says to Jen, who nods, and tries to wipe away her tears. "Okay, then, I have another appointment in five minutes, so we can't sign the papers today, so we can schedule another appointment for that." Chloe says. "Okay, the sooner the better I guess, we have to be back in Vancouver in a few days." I respond and Chloe nods. "How about first thing tomorrow morning?" She asks. "That's perfect." I answer as we got up to leave. "Oh and uh, you may want to keep this on low radar for a while, we don't know how she will react to this, so its best to stay quiet about who you really are until after the adoption is official." Chloe says looking at Jen. We both nod in agreement and I thank her for her time before heading out the door and entering the lobby to see Sara.

Jen's POV:
I look at Sara and smile when we see her waiting for us. I still can't believe she's my daughter, but then again, she does have quite a few of the same features that I do. She smiles and stands when she sees us. "How'd it go?" She asks with a huge smile plastered on her face. "Great, we are signing the papers to make it official tomorrow." Lana says as Sara's smile grows bigger. She hugs us both and we hug her back. "Thank you, thank you both so much, you have no idea how much this means to me." She says. We smile at her one more time before walking out the front door and heading to our car. Who would have ever thought that Sara was actually my daughter. Out of all the girls who needed a home, the one we decide to adopt is actually my own daughter. I'm worried about telling her the truth, I don't know how she's going to react and I really don't want her disowning me either, but I know, that whatever happens, Lana will help me through it, and that is really all I need.

A/N: thank you all for reading this! I hope you are enjoying it! I'm planning to have about 5 more chapters in this story, but we will see what happens