7. My Hero Zack Merrick

When my eyes flutter open it was considerably darker

When my eyes flutter open it was considerably darker. The last thing I could remember was leaving Jack's house in tears and that's when it all came flooding back. I had been reaching for my phone when I swerved off the side of the road.

And that leads us to me lying on the roof of the inside of my car surrounded by broken glass unable to move my right leg. I spotted my phone laying not too far from where I was and reached over to it crying out with the pain that ripped through my abdomen.

My phone was completely shattered but to my surprise, it was still turned on. I managed to click on the favourites button on my phone app and hit the first name that came up. (Don't ask me why my first instinct was to call Jack and not an ambulance) It rang and rang until his familiar voice played through my ears. My heart sunk when I realised it was his voicemail. He couldn't be mad at me from our fight right?

"Jack, it's me. I don't know if you're mad at me or what but it's bad and I need your help." I said groaning in pain as I tried to pull myself out the car. "I can't feel my right leg which I don't think is good, and it hurts to move. Please call me back. I need you, Jack."

By now I was crying with a mixture of pain from trying to free myself from my car and the fact that Jack probably hated me right now (which he had no right to since he was the one who snapped at me).

The next person I called was Zack who (reliable as ever) picked up after the first ring. Again I don't know what injured me was thinking not calling an ambulance.

"Hey, Mads, what's up?" He chirped.

"Zack, please don't freak out but I got into a car crash and it's pretty bad." I cried as I finally managed to slide out onto the muddy track my car was now on.

"What? Maddie, are you being serious? Where are you?" He rushed.

"I'm on the highway near Jack's somewhere. We fought and then my car swerved off the road and now I can't feel my leg." I sobbed.

"I'm coming to find you. Have you called an ambulance?"

"No," I muttered.

"Right hang on I'm calling you one and then I'll call you back and you stay on the phone until I get to you okay?" He said and then he was gone.

A few seconds later he called back and I told him everything that had happened, starting with Neil and ending with me waking up on the roof of my car surrounded by broken glass.

Around 5 minutes later the ambulance arrived followed closely by Zack who came running to my side straight away. I was pulled straight onto a black gurney and was wheeled into the ambulance. Zack opted to leave his car out here to be with me in the ambulance which I said was stupid but he didn't listen.

The paramedic asked me a tonne of questions about my health (I think mainly to keep me awake) until we arrived at the hospital not long after we left.

As soon as we were inside I was wheeled off into a bay and left with Zack for a while with the promise that a doctor would see me soon.

"So tell me again what Jack said to you?" Zack asked.

"He said that he couldn't do this right now, I said he could go fuck himself and then he told me to fuck off and stop being pathetic," I repeated sighing at the memory. Jack and I literally never fight and now he wasn't even answering my calls.

"I'm going to go call the guys and your parents." He said as the doctor walked in.

"Call Rachel first!" I called after him. Rachel and I have always been close and I really needed to see her right now.

Once Zack had left the doctor performed some basic movement tests and then decided to take me down for a CT and some x-rays. I was told that he wouldn't know the verdict of these tests until later on and when I was finally taken back upstairs they filled me up with pain medication and left me and Zack alone.

"Hey," I whispered as my eyes were beginning to droop.

"What is it?"

"You're my hero Zack Merrick." I giggled before falling into a deep sleep.

Omg sorry for another late upload! I was at Reading Festival all weekend and I didn't get internet all weekend. Anyway I'm currently doing homework and crying because this time last night I was waiting for Biffy Clyro to come on :(

I hope you all have a lovely week and you enjoyed this update!