Ɖαяκ Ǥяɛʏ Δℓℓ Δℓσиɛ

As I sprint back to my tour bus with tears streaming down my face I hear Ed calling my name and his footsteps running behind me. I open up the back door to my bus and dart into my room not even bothering to shut the door behind me. I hear him enter the bus and walk over to my door. "Taylor? Love? Are you okay?" I don't answer. "Okay I know you aren't okay. I wouldn't expect you to be, that was a horrible thing for him to say." I feel his soft hand on my back. I throw myself into his shoulder and start sobbing. "He didn't have to come in! He didn't have to say that! Why did he do that? He knew I was already upset! Why is he so mean? And now everybody is going to hate me because I broke up with him!" "Taylor, not everybody will hate you." He says softly as he rubs my back. "Yes they will!" I scream. "I won't hate you. I'll never hate you. The 57,000 fans that bought out your show in Pittsburgh don't hate you. The fans who bought out your show in Toronto don't hate you. If somebody hates you then they weren't a true fan anyway." Something in the way Ed's voice softened as he said that made me believe it was true. Just then the other door to my room slid open and my mom walked in. "Taylor I've been looking for y-" she stopped and looked at me still sobbing into Ed's shirt. "Honey what's wrong?" She sat down on the corner of my bed and I started to tell her about everything that happened, leaving out the part about Ed and I, she didn't need to know that yet. When I was done she just looked at me, speechless. "Honey why didn't you tell me this last night? I wouldn't have minded!" "I don't know I didn't know what to do." I said looking down ashamed. My mom told me she wanted to talk to me about something in her room. I figured it was something about the tour but when I sat down on her couch I could tell by the look in her eyes that it was something more serious. "Taylor, what's going on between you and Ed?" My mom was the type to get straight to the point. "Nothing right now." I said with a touch of sadness in my voice. I wished there was something going on between me and Ed. "Good. He's not your type." She said with a smile as she walked to the front of the bus. I just sat there. Shocked by what my mother just said. I felt rage surge up inside me. She didn't know my type! She didn't have the right to tell me who I can date and who I can't! She's trying to help you. A voice in my said told me. I got up and walked back into my room to find Ed still sitting there, but this time he had his guitar. "Hey" He said looking up as I walked in. I lied down on my bed and stared up at the ceiling. He laid down next to me and intertwined his fingers with mine. "What's going on in that beautiful mind of yours?" He said with a smile my direction. I didn't smile, I wasn't in the mood. "My mom says I shouldn't date you. She said you weren't my 'type'." He looked up at the ceiling with me. "Well, am I your type?" He asked. "I don't know anymore. I thought I loved you but now my mom says I shouldn't and she hasn't been wrong about a guy yet but I think she might be wrong about you so if we did date I would have to hide it from my mom and I don't know if I want to." I said it all very fast and breathlessly. "It's your decision, love, but what if try it and if it doesn't work out, we never have to tell her. It can be our little secret." He says. He seems to have a solution to every problem. "Okay." I agree. He leans over and gently kisses my lips. I feel the sparks shoot through me again and my stomach feels like it's full of butterflies desperately trying to escape. I never want him to stop. He gets up and grabs his guitar. "What do you want me to play?" He asks me. "You pick." I say, sitting up and grabbing my guitar too. I start playing random notes that form a familiar tune. "Today was a fairytale I wore a dress, you wore a dark grey t shirt...." Ed picks up the tune and joins in for the chorus. "Can you feel this magic in the air? It must have been the way you kisses me. I fell in love when I saw you standing there. Today was a fairytale." His voice is blending beautifully with mine, hitting all the low notes in the melodies that I can't and letting mine hit the higher notes. As the song finishes he asks me "Any particular reason you chose that song?" with a mischievous grin. "Not really" I say with a smile back. I hear the engine of the bus come to life and we start to pull out. We have a long bus ride to our next location. He looks at me and smiles. "Movie?" We have a tradition of watching movies on our way to venues. "What do you want to watch today?" I ask. He walks over to the movie rack and pulls out The Ring. "No! Absolutely not! You know I hate scary movies!" I say. He looks back at the rack and pulls out a pink case. "Mean Girls?" He asks. I can't help but laugh at him standing there with Mean Girls and a hopeful look on his face like it's his favourite movie. "You like mean girls?" I say with a doubtful look on my face. "Of course! It's like so fetch!" He says putting it into the dvd player. I start laughing and then I realize I can't stop which only makes me laugh harder and he's laughing at me laughing and we both laugh at each other and then I realized. I was happy. I was the happiest I had been in long time. Over the past 8 months of dating Harry nothing seemed to make me happy anymore. Everything just seemed to break and burn and end. But Ed made me happy. And in that moment I swore that my love for him was infinite. We eventually calmed down and watched the movie, his arm around me, snuggled up close in my full sized bed that was barely big enough for two people to sleep comfortably. Meredith had settled herself up on Ed's lap and I was absentmindedly scratching her ears. I could hear rain beating against the windows of my bus and was glad to have Ed with me. I don't like rain. It makes me feel alone. But being in the rain with Ed made me feel more loved then ever. It was true, what the song said. Everything HAD changed.