Bonus Chapter I'm So Wearing His Shirt Tonight

I'm So Wearing His Shirt Tonight
Bonus Chapter to Martha

I

After the accident, well it is not like if it wasn't an unpredictable outcome because I knew something like that would eventually happen. Yes, I'm talking about ending with Antonio on top of me, but in the way I imagined it, it didn't involved a bump in my head and being hospitalized afterwards.

As we drove home that night after leaving the town's clinic I argued with Antonio all the way home on why had he told everyone that we were engaged, while I was distracted by the dancing heart shaped heart balloon that merrily floated in the back seat. The man gave it to me in the hospital, as a Saint Valentine's present. I was like, what?! Why? Never mind... His reasons were not yet valid for me. Who asked him anyway to stay overnight with me? What people in town will think?! Everyone saw me there! I can imagine the circus line forming to cast an eye over the witch as if I was some sort of freak! And to add insult to injury, not only the evil sorceress has stepped out of her coven, now she had a boyfriend, much younger than her and so hot sexy Latino that he could melt the polar ice with his smile... dimples, perfect white teeth, gorgeous lips... God! The bump in my head was making me delirious... and the balloon made me dizzy. I could do nothing but read the white big letters on it that screamed, not said 'I love you!'.

"Look, Martha, I really don't know why are you so mad at me. I did nothing wrong. You need to understand that it was the only way to get you to ER! I didn't expect that to cause such a commotion in you. Or you preferred me taking the role of your husband instead?" the man replied to my last complain with bitter sarcasm in his tone.

"Absolutely not, Mr. Grau!!" I blurted and only thinking about that pissed me off... How could he dared to suggest it!

Antonio laughed! The cynical man was enjoying it!

"Great! Now I'm Mr. Grau again. Ha! I thought we were engaged before." He teased me and I was getting out of my nerves.

"You think you are funny... well let me tell you something... YOU ARE NOT!"

"You know Martha... you are such an ungrateful lady!" he said.

I was fuming. And that's when I noticed the car stopped in front of my house. About time!

Antonio got out of the car to open the passenger's side door for me. Gosh! In that moment my brain spun one hundred and eighty degrees and my stomach twisted to the thought of him leaving me home... Me and my bipolar personality! I realized then that I would be alone again. Deep inside I didn't want that. I didn't want Antonio to leave.

The man politely opened the door and I glanced at him, making an effort of not showing any emotions on my face, red Valentines's balloon in hand. I was too proud and stubborn to let Antonio know the secrets of my heart. After all the harsh things I told him, he still cared about me. He stayed with me in the hospital and drove me home. He was right! I was such an ungrateful witch! No. I didn't want him to leave and I needed to do something to make him stay with me, at least tonight.

"Wait for me Martha. I'll open the door for you. Please do not venture to get out by yourself." He helped me out holding my hand, then he grabbed my waist to help me down with gentleness.

My hands landed on his chest, broad and fitted pectorals; my nose stroke his neck. Damned Antonio smelled so good! I suddenly wanted to be embraced by that gorgeous man holding me. I so wanted Antonio that much in that moment... I craved more of his strong arms or the smell on his skin. Desires that seemed to be lost in time appeared and made me shiver. Good Lord, Pandora's box was opening inside of me!