Chapter 5 Red Knuckles

<<A picture of Isum... With hair... And before the scar...   (; ̄ェ ̄)The smile is spot on though... >>

Isum looks back at me, still wearing the frown, as if he were thinking about something.

"Stay here for a moment, I need to go take care of this." He sais putting the cloth on the nightstand as he walks towards the doar. He steps out and just before closing the door he looks back at me. "I'll come back in a moment to finish, alright?" He said with a small smile, pointing at my left wrist. I nod in understanding and he nods back before shutting the door behind him. I was now alone in the room, i took a moment to look around it for a bit.

I hadn't realized until now but the  blanket covering the bed I had been sitting on is embroidered with beautiful gold elephants and other various designs against a vibrant red background. I let my fingers trace over the design as i take in the egzotic feal it gives off. As i get up to look around, I find many more trinkets and tapestries that seemed to all come from different places. I couldn't help but be a bit mesmerized at some of these objects. One that I found particularly interesting was a golden lamp with Arabic written on the side.

Being the son of a king meant that I had to think about what to do once I succeeded the throne and what kind of king I wanted to be. So I thought that it would be a good idea for me to learn many languages so I could speak to the other kingdoms in their mother tongue. I am hoping to make more alliances and keep things as peaceful as possible for the people's sake.

I trie to read the writing but Arabic is the newest language I am learning so I can only read a few characters, not enough to piece anything together.

The yelling outside got loud again and I found myself a little to curious for my own good as I walked over to the door, the yeling getting louder as I do, I start to hear what they're saying a bit more clearly but not enough to understand. Maybe if I just open the door a small crack.

As i slowly open the door, the words from outside come flooding into the room in perfect clarity. I line up my eye with the small opening i had made and see the Captain and some scraggly forty year old looking man  yelling at eachother.

A bunch of the crew, who look like they had all stopped what they were doing to watch the scene, were standing silently watching them go at it. Isum was standing watching them as well with his arms crossed on his chest and that deep frown now even heavier than before, but it looked like he was waiting for a moment when he felt the need to intervene before doing anything.

"Don't try to act like you're not keeping him all to yourself!" I hear a deep scratchy voice yell bitterly. "What happened to sharing the cargo evenly?!"

"Don't pull that shit with me Schmeed, you know damn well we don't consider people cargo here!" The Captain's voice yells back. Are they talking about me?

"Well I asked the rest of the crew if they knew about some young kid on the boat, none of them had a clue what I was talking about!" Oh god... They're definitely talking about me.

"What's your point Schmeed?" The Captain asks still angry but not quite yelling anymore. Shmeed looked agitated, like he expected the captain to understand after he said what he did.

"He's a stow away!" He says it like it was the most obvious thing. I hope to god he's not going to be expecting an explanation from me, but i'm not an idiot, I get that that's just wishful thinking. I have to come up with some kind of excuse before he asks about it.

"And what exactly is that supposed to change?" The captain asked, still waiting for Schmeed to get to the point. Schmeed looks like he has run out of words and the Captain seems fed up.

"Look Schmeed, you know our rules, so if you want something from the kid, your going to have to ask him, just like you would anyone else around here." He then paused before saying the last part, as if to emphasize it. "And don't you dare try to force him if he doesn't want to give you what you want." He says the last part as if he were trying to stick that into Schmeed's mind with a dart. He turned around to start walking away, obviously feeling like the conversation was over.

"Hypocrite." Shmeed said under his breath, a little too loudly sins the captain froze in his place before swiftly turning around, taking a large stride towards him. His fist connecting with Schmeed's eye like thunder. Shmeed stumbles back, a miracle that he didn't fall on his ass with the force he was just struck with. The Captain came up to him again, this time grabbing the scraggly haired man by the collar, lifting him like it was nothing until his toes were hovering just above the ground, his face stricken with fear.

"Now you listen hear! I may screw around, but I know when to stop! You on the other hand..." he trails off looking up an down at him in disgust. "...don't." With the last word he lets go of Schmeed who was now on his ass holding his eye with both hands, writhing on the floor in pain.

The captain turns back to have a few words with Isac, sins they're just talking rather than yelling I can't hear what there saying to one another. However at one point, I see Isum nudge his head in my direction, making me think they might be talking about me. A few moments later there conversation seems to be over as Isum walks off somewhere and the Captain suddenly starts heading in my direction. I quickly shut the door and sit back on the bed, hoping he hadn't seen me peeking through the crack.