Chapter 7: The Dare

WARNING: Chapter contains usage of alcohol. (not that any of you would really care hohoho)

I decided that I'm going to put a johnlock fan art in the side bar for every upcoming chapter, BECAUSE FAN ART OKAY. (I'm going to put the link to it in the external link as well)

I literally have no ability in art whatsoever, except in writing... I think. But then on the other hand you wouldn't be reading this if it sucked, right? I'm okay? Good.

Vote, comment, follow!

----------

Cabinmates

Chapter 7: The Dare

Week 2 - Day 13

The week went by fast, it felt like. Before they knew it, the students were rowdy again because it was Friday. And out of all days Mycroft could've made an announcement, he chose today. For his own well being that may not have been the brightest idea.

"Please, settle down!" Mycroft yelled for the third time. The cafeteria was filled to the brim with all of the rowdy students, who were socializing and eating dinner at the time. They all knew he was there, but it was more like they had something way more important to say to the person next to him.

But after a few extremely long and stressful minutes the students were settled down. Mycroft sighed in content and silently prayed a thanks to God. He looked around at the staring eyes, and began to clear his throat for another important announcement.

"Good evening, boys and girls. I just have a quick announcement regarding the upcoming competition, which will be held in two weeks. Someone from each group in your team must participate, so please figure out who's doing what. In order to do this, every student must nominate themselves to do an activity, everyone." Mycroft took a quick glance at Sherlock, who just rolled his eyes at Mycroft. "We'll later on hold a vote in each team. Sometime early next week. That's all. I hope you all enjoy your weekend, and be safe." With that, Mycroft left the room, taking one more glance at his glaring brother before walking out the door.

As John chewed on a piece of dry chicken, he noticed that Sherlock was still glaring at the door, as if his glare would somehow still reach Mycroft. John then swallowed before speaking up. "Sherlock, why do you hate Mycroft so much?"

Sherlock stopped glaring and looked beside him to John. What a stupid question, what is there not to hate about Mycroft? If John hadn't looked so innocent, Sherlock would've corrected him, but didn't have the urge to. "It's more of a brotherly rivalry, if you would."

"Oh, okay. Is that why he asked you to be a runner, to get on your nerves or something?" John was one for such dumb, innocent questions.

"No."

"No?"

"Obviously. I'm a fantastic runner. I think he just wants the yellow team to win, that being there's some kind of gain for him in the end. I haven't figured out what, but--"

"Has it ever occurred to you that Mycroft might actually want you to win?" John asked suddenly.

"Hm..." was all Sherlock said, or rather hummed. That was the end of that conversation.

Once dinner was done, the group headed over to their designated bonfire spot. They found Sarah, Mike, Kitty, Andy, and Henry already there setting up. The others started to help out with the set up as well. Soo Lin volunteered to go find wood, and soon after Andy volunteered to go with her.

"Those two really need to hook up soon," Sarah said to John. "Don't you agree?"

"Uhm..." John could feel himself begin to freak out. Stupid, stupid. Say something. "W-well... I don't really think Soo Lin likes Andy all that much."