Chapter 17: The Cold Shoulder

After school, I decide to ask Oliver for a ride home since I can't stand the fact of being in Ally's car for more than twenty minutes after what happened in the cafeteria. Throughout the ride, I sat in the backseat with Faith and Anthony, listening to P!nk's "Just Give Me A Reason" blasting from my ear buds. Faith's head was on my shoulder, her hair cascading down my arm. I squeezed her hand and stroked her hair. She deserved the moment after what happened to her. She didn't smell like spaghetti at all; she smelled of shampoo and perfume which was probably Aliza's doing no doubt.

After I tell Mom and Dad about Lindsay's party and have them lecture me for about twelve minutes, I go upstairs to change. I decide to go out to the costume store and buy a sexy Santa Claus outfit since it's only 4:30 and Lindsay's party starts at 7:00. It's a dress that stops between wear my thighs meets my knees and the bottom along with the top are rimmed with white fur that feels like a cat's fur. The sleeves stop at my elbows and are also rimmed with white fur, and it shows off my bare shoulders and the top half of my chest. It also comes with a Santa hat and black, high-heeled boots that are rimmed with white fur at the top.

After I take a hot shower, brush my teeth, and slather on some deodorant, I put on my costume and afterwards I admire myself in the mirror, pulling the top up, securing it so it doesn't slip and show the top half of my breasts. I don't want to seem like a slut, but I also don't want to seem too stuffy, so I show pull the top down to show off my collarbone and chest, but still covering the top half of my boobs. I tease my hair up a little with some cream and put on some Maybelline rose pink lip stain and balm and eyeliner. I draw points in the corners of my eyes to make myself look sexy and mysterious. I also decide to slather a bit of silver body glitter on my cheeks, chest, shoulders, and my thighs since I'm not wearing any stockings.

After everything is done and I'm satisfied with myself, I stand back and look in the mirror. Will Oliver think I look good? 'Please let him think I look good!' I pray to God. I'm sitting on my bed, watching a Charlie Brown Christmas when my phone rings. It's Ally. I look at the clock. 6:00. How long was I watching T.V.? I pick the phone up. "Hello?" I ask.

"It's me," Ally says. She doesn't sound happy.

I swallow hard. "Hey," I say, trying to keep the quiver out of my voice. "What's up?"

"We need to talk," she says. "I'm coming to pick you up. Be ready when I get there."

Before I can protest, she hangs up and I sit there with my phone up to my ear. 

This cannot be good.

**********************

By the time Ally gets to my house, I already have my pocket book and my coat on. I'm standing on the steps to my house when she pulls up, her headlights on. I walk down the steps and across the snowy sidewalk until I'm at her car. I go around the front and open the door to the passenger's seat before sliding into the seat. I close the door and turn around, expecting to see Eleanor there, but I'm surprised and scared to see the backseat empty. "Uh, where's Eleanor?" I ask, turning to Ally.

She's wearing a sexy Santa Claus outfit too since we planned on it at lunch. Except her dress stops mid-thigh. "Lindsay said she would pick her up," she says blandly. She pulls out of the driveway as I strap myself in. We start driving down the street, passing blurs of glowing reindeer and dancing Santa Clauses on people's lawns before Ally stops at the red light. The red glow of the light shines off her face as she stares at the road. "What happened today at lunch?" she asks simply. I gulp, balling my hands into fists in my lap.

"I just didn't like what Lindsay did to her," I say. "I thought it was rude."

"But it's more than that, Amanda," Ally says, looking at me now. "I know it is. What's up with you lately? You haven't called or text me lately and you haven't been picking up the phone, and I know that R-rated movie thing is bullshit. I know you, Amanda!" The red light turns green and she guns the engine. "And I know that was you this morning in that car," she says. "You were with some other guy and a few other people. Who is he, Amanda? Why didn't you tell me found someone else? Where have you been all this time?"