Chapter 2.

Chapter 2.

Nicknames.

I love giving nicknames and Akshay being my best friend deserved a nickname.

We used to text a lot and in between those texts when he would tease me or say something mean I would call him idiot even though he is not an idiot.

'Idiot' even if it's not supposed to be a nickname it became the nickname that I used the most for him.

He calls me poti, pronounced as 'po' as in 'po' from polka and 'ti' as 'T' ,which means short in my native language. He has my number saved in his phone as Ghost. I have no idea why.

I call him Akki, short for Akshay. I also used to call him loverboy back when he had a girlfriend.

Yes he had a girlfriend.

She was a nice girl, actually let me tell that story now that I have mentioned it. The only thing I am scared about is I hope Akki doesn't scold me for writing down his story. So you people reading this, just think you never read it. Okay?

So, the girlfriend was in our school. She was this cute girl with babyish voice and nice personality so it was no surprise when he fell for her.

On the last day of 10th class he proposed to her and she accepted and it was rainbows and unicorns.

Sadly me and her never talked much. Akki never mentioned her much and I didn't ask about her much except for occasionally asking how is she.

The one thing I found annoying about her was her voice though. I just never liked it. Even during school days we talked rarely because we were in different sections.

The only thing that bothered me more than anything was that the immense amount of trust they had.

Yeah I know I am not supposed to be bothered.

Let me tell my reasons though.

Akki and I used to chat till late nights like 3. I know few people think friends can't do that but still we were friends and used to text till late in the night. The thing is, I would really be bothered if my man was chatting till so late at night with a girl, no matter how trustable the girl is and no matter how much I trust and love my man I would still be bothered.

Another time I felt bothered was the time when he came to my college cultural celebrations and his girlfriend didn't know. I asked him, "You told her right that you were gonna come to my college Akki?"

He shrugged his shoulders and told, "Nah, I will tell her when I meet her. I didn't wanna tell her on the phone. And anyways she knows about you so it's all cool."

I just hmmed and didn't say anything. I guess me and she are quite different.

He told me once why he doesn't have many friends who are girls, "She didn't like me talking to other girls and that's how it has been. I didn't talk to girls much since I started college for her cause if I did she would be unhappy."

"Then what about me?" I asked him.

"She knows about you and trusts you." He said simply that led me to just one thought.

"What if she had told you to not speak to me?"I asked.

"She wouldn't idiot. I know her, she is quite broadminded." He told smiling at me. That smile of his that makes me smile and melts away all my worries and problems.

But not this time, cause all my stupid brain could think is that, she allowed him to talk to me.

I had been given permission.

Even though it's been a few years that thought is still lingers in my mind, but I don't say anything to him.

I was just happy for Akki that he was happy and with a girl who brought him happiness.

It's always been like that. I just wanted him to be happy no matter what that's it.