Chapter Sixteen

Zayn's POV:

I only noticed somebody had followed me home when I was inside the kitchen, sitting on the counter, crying out with everything I had. Niall walked slowly into the kitchen, looking unsure, but sympathising, but his eyes told me he was confused. I don't blame him. He wanted to know it Mr Tomlinson had done anything that the teachers and police officers had claimed he had done. But now he was gone. Locked up behind bars. And there was nothing I could do about it. 

I barely gave Niall a second glance through the blur of tears blocking my vision. ''Zayn... I had no idea. I didn't know he was perving on you-''

''He wasn't!'' I cried, taking my hands from my face and glaring at him, spit flying as I yelled. Niall swallowed. ''We are in love, Niall! This hurts so, so much...'' I returned my hands to my face. I heard shuffling's of feet, and the next thing I knew, Niall had his arm wrapped tightly round my shoulders. I melted into his touch as I rested himself on the cold kitchen counter with me. 

''I can't begin to think how you're feeling right now, Zayn,'' Niall muttered softly, ''But I know it's hard. If you... want any comfort-'' Niall pressed his damp lips to my neck. ''I'm here...''

I did a thing that surprised us both. I took Niall's hand and led him to the living room, and cuddled him onto the sofa, allowing him to kiss my neck and slowly unbotton my school blouse. This may not be what I wanted, but it was what I needed. I realized with a pang of guilt in my heart, that this is the only thing Mr Tomlinson did not give to me. I sighed, shaking my head. The more I thought about Mr Tomlinson the more angry it made me. Did he truly love me? Maybe he didn't. Maybe Mr Harris was right: he could be using me. I should let Niall do exactly what he wants to me... yes, I need this.

But the other side of me was telling my conscience, of course he loves you. Just push Niall off the couch and shout at him to go back to school and continue to mourn miserably over Louis until the next time you see him. In a prison cell.

I decided to go with my more denouncing conscience, and let Niall drag my trousers down my legs, so all I was now wearing was my boxers. I didn't feel turned on or sexy in the slightest, but I just wanted something to distract me from Louis. I don't know why I hadn't thought of this solution before. Niall had been begging on his knees ever since the first time we had sex to meet me again. And now I was letting him, I felt kind, as if I were doing him a favour.

This was also, I suppose, a symbol of Niall and my good, strong friendship. He would clearly do anything for me, even if it envolved sleeping with me. In fact, the thing he wanted most, I think, it to wake up to my face against his pillow. Yes. I would allow him that privelage. Gladly. 

Niall was also, somehow naked. I realized with a small blush that I'd lost track of everything else but the only trail of conspicuous thoughts I had speeding through my exhausted brain. I looked down at Niall, who had spread my legs, and was now positioning himself over me. He slowly inserted two fingers. I sighed out, and gripped the leather enterior of the sofa, sweating. Now this was the sex I'd wanted. Hot, but meaningful. I was still crying, but Niall didn't seem to care, I thought, as he began to scissor me, making me groan. But my mind was still haywire. Nothing made sense. It was all a jumble of handcuffs and yells and lovesick texts. I groaned again, not because of Niall, but because of my frustrating, ludocrous thoughts. Everything should just slow down.

I focused my mind on Niall now, who had planted two fingers into my entrance and was now sliding easily in and out of me. I wasn't making a sound. Niall seemed to notice.

''Zayn, something's really up. How come this-'' he gestured unnecessarily to his fingers inside of me, ''Isn't even making you gasp. You normally make the equivalent noise of a tiger getting probed at this stage,''