Prologue

I was on my walk home from a long day at school. School sucked I hated it I just wanted to get out of that place. It was like a jail to me, I couldn't understand anyone who even tried to like it. They must have been crazy. Well that is if there was anyone who enjoyed school.

I walked inside my house and looked around to find my mom. "Hello...?". I layed my stuff down on the couch. I walked into the kitchen and found my mother making dinner. "Oh hey honey...when did you get home?" "Oh just now." I looked around for my dad and figured he was downstairs drinking as always.

My mom was a very nice and loving person. She always put people's problems in front of her own and I loved her for that. She was an amazing cook and everyone appreciated her cooking. Dad on the other hand was a drunk. He sat around the house, always having a beer in his hand and didn't care what other people thought or how they felt. He was as selfish as the devil, and everyone knew it. I honestly didn't know how mom could put up with him. Nither of us, mom or me deserved him. No one did. I also don't know why mom hasn't deserted him. I wish we could just leave.

I looked back at my mom and she was putting spices on the food.
"Whatcha makin momma?"
"Im trying to make chicken but im just tired so it might not taste good"
"Oh mom your food always tastes good"
"Thanks Angel but seriously dont sugar coat it"

She looked at me and it was as if my mom had read my thoughts. "Honey I have some...news. would you mind taking a seat?"
"Sure mom, what is it?"
"Well...you have to go away for a while. Your going to go live with a friend of mine. Her name is Vanessa" She looked at me. I hung my head a didn't know what to think. I'd never thought I'd actually leave here. "But why, is it because of..." I got quieter. "Dad" I looked at her again and she looked as if it pained her to say what she had to say next. "Yes, and I want you to live a good life. So just you are going, I'm staying here and im gonna deal with some things"
"But mom I can't leave without you. Not alone with him he could break and beat you at any time and I won't be here to call someone or help you fight back"

Ive always been afraid of dad beating mom. Me even.

"Don't worry about me sweetie. I'm strong enough to take care of a silly old man"
"He not silly he's strong and stupid and you know it"
"Stupid is what I've got to deal with"
"But mom..."
"No buts your leaving the day after tomorrow by train so go pack"
I looked at her with big eyes. I absolutly hated trains they were like a mode for transportation that leads right to death.

I soon got a hold of myslef. "Okay" I grumbled and ran upstairs to pack. This was not going to be a good thing. Especially since my mode for transportation was in fact by train.

.........

We were standing at the station. Patiently waiting for the train to pull out. Hopefully without me in it.
"Mom...I don't wanna go...I won't know anyone at this new house
.." I said standing at the train station. "Honey.." my mom said "..you'll be just fine" she gave me a reassuring smile. I hated the thought of leaving here. My home town. But mostly her staying behind with dad. I cringed at the thought.

I didn't want to get on that train. It was dark inside, from here I knew it smelled bad, and not very many people got on. I wasn't nevous, I was scared. It was like a ghost train, just waiting for me to get on so it can take me to hell.

"ALL ABOARD! " the conductor yelled after a few minutes and everyone looked at the train and kissed their loved ones goodbye. I looked at my mother and smiled. "Be my strong little girl and go on. Call me when you get to your destination" i sighed "Ok mother I love you!"
I turned around and I heard her yell back "I love you too sweetie!!". I waved and blowed a kiss before getting on the train.

........

I sat in a seat close to the front. I didn't trust anyone so i put my bags in the seat behind me.
I plugged my headphones in my phone, put them on, and put drive by, by train on replay.

I looked out the window and saw everyone waving goodbye. I only saw one door and i was wondering why so many people were waving goodbye when there was only....10 people. Hm...weird. We slowly Began to pull out of the station and everyone looked relaxed. In their own conversation, sleeping, or reading. Everyone looked as if this was nothing. Did they not get how dangerous this is. Or so they not care.

Either way I just continued to look out the window. I just closed my eyes and turned my music up. As loud as it can go. So I can mentally escape what's currently happening

I could already tell this was gonna be one wicked ride.

✴✴✴✴✴

Hey guys, I'm sorry that most of my chapters are gonna be short. But I really hope you'll stay and enjoy the book.

I will say that not all of the book will have angel being scared and nervous of this train ride.

Buuuut....i love you guys! Please comment and vote

~~Alli