Chapter 2: Dan who?

A/N: Oh here we are with the next chapter (med change brain fog makes writing fun) and a new cover made by the sweet desolation_tragedy . Welp, on with the story!

"OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK" a random lady in the audience yells out.

I'm snapped back to reality by this screaming and the commotion that ensues afterwards.

What the fuck is the only thing I can hear in head right now.

I fall straight to my knees next to Dan's head and I see the feet of Ben and Platz show up soon after.

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED" I yell, I can't keep tears from streaming out of my eyes.

"It... Itit was all a blur" Platz stutters out, "he trip..ped on the wires running over to you."

"And he fell onto YOUR goddamned amp Wayne!" Ben starts screaming at me. The crowd watching on in fear. "If you hadn't decided to move the stupid fucking thing this wouldn't have happened. And for another thin-..."

Ben's voice fades out as my thoughts get louder.

It... It's my fault... I hurt him... No... I couldn't have... Shut up! Just help him now, beat yourself up later...

Out of my head, I look back down at Dan and put his head on my lap. The cut doesn't look as bad as I thought it had earlier.

"Help me get him on the bus you two. Now." I say sternly even though Ben is still giving me an evil glare.

Goddamit... What have I done...

+++++

We got him on the bus and I cleaned his head with some bottled water and a rag we had lying around and sped back towards the apartment. No way we have enough money to take him to the ER, so god I hope he's okay...

Ben and Platz helped me carry him inside and lay him down on the couch/Ben's bed we have squeezed into the corner of the apartment.

"Wake up Dan, buddy... Please..." I say, tears running down faster on my skin that has layers of dried tears accumulated on it.

"Wayne... Just give him time." Platz says, placing a hand lightly on my shoulder.

I squirm out from under his touch, "Don't fucking touch me" I mutter under my breath.

"What?"

"I said: Don't. Fucking. Touch Me." I say more adamantly, but then lower my tone adding "I just want to sit with him okay, just leave me alone."

Platz's face has a mix of fear and sympathy on it. He and Ben know how much I love Dan, but I don't think they can see how much I'm blaming myself for all this shit.

Why did I get that new amp... Why did I place it where I did... Why didn't I watch for him... God, if I just hadn't be so into the fucking song I could have told him to be careful or try to catch him at the least... Fucking hell... Dan just wake up please... Please. I would never be able to forgive myself if I hurt you... I love you I love you iloveyou ilo vey ou... Tears return to my eyes and I'm trembling slightly... This hasn't happened to me in years, panicking.

I just place my arms around Dan like I do when I comfort him when he panics... Nothing really... But then I hear a low noise. What the fuck, I am going crazy.

I turn to look at Dan's face and see his eyes flutter open while he moans slightly.

"Oh my god you're awake! Buddy you had me so freaked out there, how do you feel?" I exclaim, still hugging him.

His eyes open completely and he looks first at me with a look of confusion and then fear.

"Who the fuck are you and why are you touching me?!" He yells, shoving me off him and sitting up, knees curled against his chest. He looks around frantically and adds, "and where the fuck am I?!"

The yelling brings out Ben and Platz from the kitchen, I'm at a loss for words and so they try to help. "Dan... It's us, your band mates..."

He looks at us with a perplexed look that still has tones of fear to it, "band mates? I'm not in a band!" He shrieks, still looking panicked.

"Yes you are, Dan, we're Imagine Dragons, remember?" I say, quietly.

"Who the fuck is Imagine Dragons," he says, but before I can say anything he continues, "but more importantly... who is Dan?"