Chapter 3.1

"Are you still pouting?"

I clenched my jaw, refusing to respond. How did she even find me here? No, honestly, that was a stupid question. Instead of pondering unreachable answers I focused harder on the circle of men and women in the center of the human sector.

"So they saw your tits. Half the camp has seen them. Like that time you zonked out on three bottles of NyQuil and woke up tangled in the perimeter fence? You were buck ass naked then."

My resolve not to look at her broke with a nervous whimper. "That wasn't me, Princess, that was you." She hung upside down from the neighboring branch, dressed in gray plaid pants and a skin tight tank top with Wile E Coyote sprawled across her breasts. How and where she found these outfits was still a mystery to the majority of us.

Princess grinned at me, purple lipstick actually complimenting her black gums

Princess grinned at me, purple lipstick actually complimenting her black gums. "Ah see, that's much more embarrassing. Feel better yet?"

"No," I grumbled, looking away before she saw the corner of my mouth twitch.

She shrugged, blowing a massive bubble of gum that predictably popped over her nose and forehead. Where the hell did she find gum? It smelled like bubbalicious watermelon. Now I wanted gum.

 "So," she said around the gum, "I analyzed your sweat sample in my lab."

'Lab' was a creative term for the tool shed she'd commandeered, filling it with more equipment than Kit swore the camp possessed. Princess did quite a few salvage operations on her own time, though she never used the camp vehicles. There were a lot of unknown variables in the woman's activities, which was why she continually made the humans a bit nervous.

"Find anything interesting?" Not that she would share. She kept a lot of information close to the vest, calling it leverage. Mostly, it just made us want to throttle her.

She clucked her tongue, blowing another bubble. "Inconclusive. Don't suppose you could cry for me?"

I frowned at her. In the past couple weeks, she'd taken tissue and various bodily fluid samples from the lot of us, trying to map the progress of our regeneration. "I don't think I can cry yet. I didn't think I could sweat until this morning," I said.

"Well, think of something really sad, like kicking puppies sad," said Princess.

"Yeah, I can't think sad thoughts on demand, chief," I said, my expression deadpan. Why was she bothering me anyway? Ginger was the most developed out of the lot of us. Didn't she sweat? I'd have to ask Fred. That thought was almost cry worthy.

I forced my attention back to the gathered humans, meeting in secret, in their strictly human ward.

The humans of Fort Braydon were marvelously forward thinking in their handling of the Revived. They didn't shoot us on sight for one thing, but while they were relatively used to our presence and worked with us day in and out, there were still a few hurdles the human survivors contended with. They didn't want to sleep in the same area as the reformed undead.