Prologue

There is a story that only a few generations know, a story that was read from a book, that was told by a man, that viewed it from a scroll, to which was written by a tribe chief, that was preached by an enchantress. The story just keeps going back further and further, flying past the time man was created, through the time of the Ice Age, through the roaring of the dinosaurs, back further it goes. The story was told from the eyes of the creatures living around them, from the water that rushes forward and backwards in time, from the earth that trembles at the mere touch of the legends.

It is and always has been but a whisper, never really knowing if it was true, even if it was standing right in front of them. This legend spoke of a creature, one that has been on the earth since the beginning, like the VERY beginning. 

They were told as saviors, they were told as enemies, as allies, as so many things in the stories, in the books. But not once were they ever told as friends, as the good side. No archeologists, no historians, no world renown adventurer could ever find their purpose, their reason for the decisions they made, or for the destruction they caused.

Yes, destruction. What little humans know about them, or the handful that actually believe they existed, only could find extreme power coming from it, and that it completely annihilated anything with ease.

Truth is, nobody even knew what 'they' were, nothing was descriptive on what they even looked like, all that was written about them was 'fear' and 'danger'. There was nothing scholars alike could identify or pursue anymore, it all was just too old there wasn't enough to gather to really research and prove if such things were real or not.

In the future, even further from today, they abandoned the story, and moved on to discover new power, from caves and deserts, and ancient cities. Humans find the history intriguing, while others, believe with all their heart these new myths were real. Other gods from the past existed, witches, and warlocks. Their was a group, a slice from the government that was tasked in finding powerful artifacts such as these from humans before us. They had succeeded in most areas, but one day, while digging into an old crumbling cave, a relic was discovered. It was recorded as supposedly the most powerful one they've ever found. History was made, and the archeologists would be rich for the finding, along with being allowed to study it's form and all it's secrets.