14. Seeing Black

*Taylor's POV*

They sedate Luke and he lies there motionless as they lift him from the stretcher onto a hospital trolley, and connect him to a drip.

"I j-just though that he w-was cold. I-I didn't know that he was having a s-s-seizure", I say, stroking my little boy's forehead, before he's whisked off for an MRI.

"It's a mistake that parents often make. I examined Luke when he came in earlier, and he had no signs of head trauma or brain damage, so my guess is that he has a tiny brain bleed, and that caused the seizure, however, I'm still having a nurse do an MRI to be sure", the doctor says, as we sit down in chairs across from each other.

"A brain bleed? My one year old has a brain bleed?", I ask, as the tears start to fall in steady streams.

"It's not as serious as it sounds, I can assure you. Hopefully, it's only minor, and we can prescribe a blood clotting antibiotic to get rid of the bleed, instead of having to perform surgery", he says, writing something down on his clipboard.

"And Noah?", I ask, looking over at my little boy who was still unconscious in the huge hospital bed.

"Ahh, yes. Noah seemed to have quite a lot of difficulty breathing when he came in, so we gave him oxygen and put him under a general anaesthetic to make him more comfortable. He should be awake in about an hour, and then we'll discuss surgery", the doctor says.

"Why does he need surgery?", I ask quietly, looking over at his peacefully sleeping face.

"He has bleeding in the abdomen, and we have to open him up to fix it, but it's a very simple surgery. He'll only need a couple of stitches after, and you'll have him home the day after tomorrow", he says reassuringly.

"Is he going to be in a lot of pain? It's just that he's very little and I don't want him to be in any pain", I say quietly, looking into the doctor's eyes.

"He's going to be just fine! It looks a lot worst than it actually is. Your kids were extremely lucky. Noah is a very healthy 3 year old with a great immune system, so he should bounce back to normal within a couple of weeks", the doctor says, smiling as he stands up.

"Thank you for telling me that they're going to be okay", I whisper.

"Please, don't worry! I'll have the nurse bring Luke back to you when she's finished the MRI, and he should be awake by then. Your Mother is cleared to leave, and she wants to see you", he says, before I thank him and he walks out into the corridor.

I decide to go and look for my Mom, and I find her and Karlie waiting in the corridor for me.

I run into my Mom's arms, and she hugs me tightly.

"It was awful, Taylor. The boys were screaming and there were cameras and it was a disaster. Thankfully, your driver, Tom, and the bodyguards are okay! They're upstairs with their families", my Mom whispers.

I make a mental note to drop in on them later.

"Did you call Adam?", I ask Karlie anxiously.

I tried calling him like 20 times, and left him a ton of voice messages, but he hasn't responded. I'm so sorry, Tay", she says quietly.

My heart sinks a little.

Why was he not picking up the phone?