1. Leah Starr - French Maid

All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Impulsive, that was how most people described Leah, which was supposedly a bad thing, but she just looked at it as seeing what she wanted and going for it, ambition. She had guts, the stuff that everyone wanted, but didn't posses. The stuff that would someday assist her with creating the greatest story the world has ever seen.

Then, Leah would have her name written down in history as one of greats. She dreamed big. She wasn't afraid of thinking outside the box, wearing ruby read stilettoes in a sea of black kitty heels. Or even hiding in American teen sensation August Ryker's hotel room closet, which was what she was currently doing.

Leah watched with a light smile curved on her lips and amusement settling comfortably in her as August rummaged around the hotel suite. He was most likely looking for his cell phone, the small device that Leah was holding tightly to in her dainty right hand. She glanced down at the dimly lit screen. The pictures were almost completely done syncing to her StarPad (a device designed especially for Leah by her techy friend, Mathieu).

The last photo uploaded to her StarPad and overwhelmed with her easy victory, Leah foolishly whooped. The movement in the main room halted. Her line of sight darted towards the closet door. She looked through its slits and her brown eyes connected with suspicious green ones.

But Leah wasn't the least bit of worried. She had been in many situations like this. Her golden tongue not only dug deep holes for her to jump into, Leah had the ability to smooth-talk her way out of almost all of her sticky situations.

She looked away from August who was cautiously approaching the closet with a brush held in his left hand. She scoffed. What was he going to do, groom me to death? Leah hurriedly, but still remaining calm, stuffed her StarPad into the empty trash bag.

It was positioned atop of the cleaning cart she had adopted as part of the character she was disguised as. She dropped August's phone, the device crashing onto the floor, kicked it under the cart, then whipped out a duster and began dusting the wall.

The closet door was snatched open, revealing a very attractive teenage boy. The long strands of his silky brown hair hung loosely in his emerald green eyes. The shade complimented his golden tan skin. Leah remained unfazed by his charming good looks.

It was essential that she kept a level head at all times. August held the brush with both hands high above his head. His offensive stance suggested he was ready to strike. Leah's countenance morphed into a mask of fear and she positioned her hands in front of her face protectively.

August stared down at her, shocked by her appearance. He cautiously lowered his arms, "You're just a cleaning lady and I'm a paranoid idiot. But I wouldn't have been surprised if you were one of my crazed fan girls. You aren't a crazed fan girl, are you?"

"No, like you said just the cleaning lady," Leah easily lied.

August wasn't fully convinced. He thoughtfully rubbed his chin as his eyes roamed over the particularly beautiful young woman that stood before him. Her honey brown hair was pinned back in a sophisticated bun, the shade similar to her eye color.Her skin was a light shade of brown and her shapely body was alluring. She had a small waist and the short skirt of her dress revealed her long toned legs.

"How do I know you aren't lying to me?"

Leah pulled a badge out of her bra. She was always prepared for situations such like this, "Here is my badge it is how I opened the door."

"Okay, I really am an idiot," August declared as he briefly looked over the false badge. He handed it back to her and Leah tucked it back into her bra and August's eyes followed it there.

Realizing she had crossed into August's good graces and that she needed to continue distracting him to escape, "No, Monsieur, you are no idiot. Je m'appelle Aurélie. There was not a sign on the door so I entered the room and I did not hear you come in, you see. Please excuse me for not making my presence known. Je regrette, Monsieur August Ryker," Leah seduced, making sure to draw his name out ever so slowly.

Her words sounded as if they had been dipped in French lilt, light and breathy. Leah always fell into character comfortably, especially the boldest ones. The role she was playing this time was a sultry French maid and so far she was loving every moment of it. She took a small step closer to him and gazed at August through her lashes then fluttered them twice.

A cocky grin slipped onto his lips. He then leaned against the doorframe and folded his arms across his chest. "It's no problem at all, Aurélie. You can stop by my suite anytime you want just as long as you're wearing that outfit, Maybe next time I can even help you with the bed," he flirted, making eye contact with Leah for the first time, lust pooling in his irises.

Leah internally rolled her eyes. Typical. His eyes roamed over her shapely body again. It was dressed in a questionably sexy uniform, the skimpy articles of clothing stolen from one of the real maids' locker. "What kind of hotel were they running?" She had asked herself the question after she slipped the dress on.

Focusing back on the task at hand, Leah leaned even closer to August, letting their scents intertwine. She breathed in. His smell wafted through her nostrils, a smell that was a mix of spices and a smell that Leah liked. It was then August's turn to step forward.

Their chests were almost touching and Leah could feel his breath blowing against her neck, but she didn't allow it to have an effect on her. Keep a level head. Self-control.

"Tu es un cochon," She purred in his ear as she stood on her toes to reach it. August was a good five inches taller than her 5'8" stature. In the meantime, her French words confused and thrilled August simultaneously as Leah told him that he was a pig in a language that was lost to him.

She couldn't help but laugh internally when she pulled away from August and caught the confused expression that flashed across his perfectly sculptured face. His confusion was instantaneously masked by his signature arrogance.

Trying to recover from his slip up, August's hand reached for Leah's backside. She backed away slightly and when he looked at her questioningly she responded with a plastered smile on her face.

Wanting to get out of there before August could again attempt to execute any of his naughty thoughts, Leah announced, feigning displeasure, "I really must be going."

Disappointment settled onto August's face, "Oh, okay then," he moved out of the way, allowing Leah to wheel the cart out of the closet's threshold and to the door.

Before Leah walked out of the five stars worthy hotel suite, she caught a glimpse of the glorious city's skyline. The city was lit up with lights that battled the night sky. Leah had been a resident of Paris, France for nearly six months, but the city still never failed to amaze her, "Beautiful isn't it?"

Leah nodded her head, "Oui," and with that one word uttered, she reluctantly tore her eyes away from the view that would always succeed in captivating her.

Leah exited the suite, letting the door shut gently behind her and then rolled the cart down the long corridor, its tiled floor checkered with white and red and its walls a deep shade of blue, as it squeaked in protest. At the end of the corridor, she smacked the down button for the elevator, eager to get back to her small loft to create another masterpiece and post it to her gossip website.

Judging by all of the dirty photos of August and various girls, Leah could tell this would be a story to remember. Leah Starr had struck again. All things done in the dark come to light. Leah was the flashlight and her stories were the beam.

*Picture of Leah Starr