chapter 15 - Having Heart & Being Heartless

*Jackson's pov*

My nerves were fried as we entered the building. I had never been so scared of being on stage before. We substituted Ryder in for Josh and it felt like it had thrown off the whole team. I looked to Tony who was laughing about something Marley was saying. His eyes caught mine and he looked at me in a way that told me to relax. The sound of music filled the air meaning that we had missed the first few minutes. We all sat down and watched the first group finish their songs.

An hour later we were in the green room and everyone looked scared out of their wits after seeing the other groups performances. Everyone that is except Ross and Tony. Tony stood up as Mr. Schue was about to speak.

"Alright everyone listen up. We have a great set list and powerful voices and I know we can win this. This could be our last performance as a team for us seniors so when you go out there have fun and just enjoy it. Also, Ross and I were talking on the way here and we decided that this is as good of a time to tell you this. We are getting married after Nationals and if we don't make it to Nationals we will get married next weekend. We want all of you there and it would mean a lot to us if you would all be in the ceremony." Tony said and everyone cheered for them and we got in our show circle.

"Now I know you guys aren't going out there without me!" A voice said and we turned to see Dakota standing there.

"You made it!" I said and he advanced for me and kissed me, making me blush.

"I wouldn't let you guys down. I know disappearing wasn't a good idea but I needed to figure things out. And don't worry I spied on rehearsals and learned the dances just do the music like you arranged. After all you seniors need to shine today. Hands in everybody!" Dakota said and we all put our hand in.

"1-2-3 AMAZING!!!" We cheered and headed for the stage as the lights dimmed.

*Tony's pov*

Ryder:

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I... am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all
And I... will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I... will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
And anywhere I would've followed you (Oh-Ooh)
Say something, I'm giving up on you

Say something...

The crowd burst into applause as the lights dimmed.

Kitty:
Mmh
I recommend getting your heart trampled on to anyone, yeah
Mmh
I recommend walking around naked in your living room, yeah

Marley:
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest night
Woah, yeah, yeah

Together:
You live, you learn
You love, you learn
You cry, you learn
You lose, you learn

Marley (Kitty):
You just call out my name (Out my name)
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running
You live, you learn (I'll come running)
You love, you learn (To see you again)
You cry, you learn
You lose, you learn (Winter, spring, summer or fall)
You bleed, you learn
You scream, you learn (And I'll be there, yeah)
All you have to do is call (You've got a friend)