Why is this important?

Asexuality is a very misunderstood and looked down upon sexual identity. I study gender and sexuality in college and have still barely touched upon what asexuality is in the classroom.
Just like every other sexuality out there Aces (asexuality nickname) deserve to be respected and recognized. With the progressive state of our society a lot of people have come to accept homosexuality along with bisexuality. This is good. We should be accepting towards everyone. Aces are not widely accepted in either the queer community or the straight community. I found that this is due to either ignorance in what asexuality really is or not believing such a thing can be real.
I am here to explain what it is and why it is indeed a real thing. I will put some narrative into this later on to explain exactly what it feels like for some people that are asexual. I hope everyone enjoys and learns. Because asexuality is important.
I would also like to mention that though I will tell general terms of what asexuality and it's spectrum is when I give a narrative that is not explaining how everyone feels.  Heterosexual people do not experience sexuality the same and neither do Ace folks. When I give a narrative just keep in mind that I am covering what some feel and not as a whole.