Chapter 9 - School time

Evelyn's POV      

Ok, I have to admit, Forks is not what I expected. It was so....so....green. Not the whole 'Save the World' green, but green. Everything had a touch of green on it, and the most annoying thing is the fact that I hate and I do mean HATE the colour green. The trees were covered in moss and obviously, the grass is green, the leaves that were on the trees were green. Grr... God...why green?!   Aaron pretty much found my...thoughts amusing, he won't stop teasing me about it. Anyway, one good pointer about Forks is the weather. It's dark, grey, gloomy...well you get the picture. I know what you may be thinking...what’s wrong with you girl? Seriously? Dark and gloomy weather? Well with the fact that a vampire's skin sparkles in the sun, it is best to be in a place where the sun is as rare as a flying lamppost.  

''Evelyn, are we there yet?'' Aaron whined. We are on our way to our house, I sighed and said ''No Aaron, just a couple more minutes''. He leaned back down to his seat, which by the way was made out of black leather.

When we arrived in Forks, there was a man waiting for us at the bus station. He brought my new car, Auditt...to pick us up. Of course, I wanted to drive it for myself so I sent him away, after I got the address for my house.  

I was bending the last corner when I heard Aaron gasp. I followed his gaze, and it lead to a huge white house. Its windows were rimmed black, and it was 4 stories high. I shrugged, it didn't look that bad. Meanwhile Aaron was gawking at it, I laughed and said ''Jeez child, close your mouth. A fly might get trapped in there''.

Aaron shut his jaw and sent me an evil glance as I parked the car in front of our new house.  

I cut off the engine and stepped out while Aaron was still in the car. ''Aren't you coming?'' I teased, leaning against the frame of the car.

He stuck his tongue out at me and got out.

I laughed and locked the car, then I started to walk towards the house.  

I opened the front door using the key that I was given, and when the door smoothly opened, Aaron ran inside impatiently. ''Kids,'' I muttered before stepping in too. I flicked the lights on and I must say...it was not too shabby. The walls were an off-white colour and the floor was black and laminated. There were pictures on the wall, and the best part had to be the fact that it was a long corridor.   My heels caused an echo on the floor but I ignored it and found Aaron in the lounge, on the black leather sofa with his legs up and his hands behind his head.

I chuckled and said, ''So you like this place huh?''.  

''You don't?''  

I shrugged and grunted, ''It'll do, but it’s not as good as the old fashioned ones''.  

Aaron laughed and said ''Wake up sister. You're living in the 21st century''.  

''Oh don't play that card on me Mr. Aaron Ambrosio''.  

He raised an eyebrow ''Aaron Ambrosio? Is that my name?'' He asked.  

I nodded and jumped onto the seat next to him. Then I said ''Yup, Aaron Ambrosio. I like it, after all it is your original family name,” I hinted.  

''Oh, I… don't remember,''He muttered, silence filling in quickly.  

''Don't worry Aaron, I'm pretty sure that you're not the only vamp in the world that doesn't remember their human life,'' I reassured.  

He nodded and said, ''I guess so, but do you know my real last name?''  

I sighed and shook my head ‘‘No, I don't. Ambrosio is our original surname, but...as the centuries changed...some of our family members changed it I guess. It's kinda funny...do you know what Ambrosio means?'' I asked.