✦ one: the beginning ✦

Ambrosia rose to her feet, coughing as the smoke in the air cut off her air supply. She spun in a circle, taking in her whereabouts. Damp, cold, dark. She found that the place she'd found herself locked in was dark and drippy. She shivered to herself, rubbing her hands over her arms that were lined with goosebumps.

"What in the Zeus." Ambrosia grumbled to herself, running her fingers through her thick, brown hair. She found that her headpiece was still on, a line of gold that wrapped around the top of her head, with golden leaves neatly engraved. It sculpted the frame of her face nicely and complimented her brown skin.

Her long, thin dress was white and now dirty. Luckily, the gods didn't take away her ability to snap on another outfit of clothes. They didn't take any of her abilities really, the only conflict she was faced with was the fact that she could no longer navigate herself back to Greece, her home.

Ambrosia peered around the area she was captive in, not knowing where to go. Her bare feet were coated with dirty water because everything was wet.

Somehow, Ambrosia managed to find a door. There was no knob, just a handle that was meant for pulling and pushing. Surprisingly enough, the door was open and she was met with a brighter-lit hallway, although it was still kinda dim. She stepped out into the small area, finding she could stand in one spot before actually being able to go up a flight of stairs. The door shut behind her, shocking her as it fell shut with a thud. She noticed a small sign on the door marked 'boiler room'. The girl made her way up the steps, each linoleum step feeling colder than the last. As she reached the top, she found herself shut behind another door that was easily open.

Ambrosia had no idea what she'd just gotten herself into.

She stuck her head out the door and she was almost blinded by the morning sun. Ambrosia hissed in distaste as the brightness had seared her sight, only temporarily. Her eyes eventually got used to the whole deal and she was able to see again, kind of.

Ambrosia was surrounded by blue lockers. She hadn't even known what they were entirely, but she knew they were of a beautiful blue color with a knob of numbers, that could potentially be the key of the future. She had yet to notice the students who had given her weird looks as they passed, only there weren't many. It was early in the morning and the only peers at school were the ones who had to be there early. So she was lucky; Had she'd woken up a few hours later, she'd be receiving a couple more looks of disgust.

"Excuse me," Ambrosia approached one girl, the girl scoffed in disgust, not bothering to give the goddess any time of day and ran off to catch up with a friend.

Feeling a bit discouraged, Ambrosia thought she'd make herself at least approachable. It wasn't everyday a girl comes out of the school's basement in dirty clothes. She managed to find a bathroom, accidentally walking into the men's room first, but found herself situated in an empty bathroom. Ambrosia had made sure the door was locked and that she was out of view from the school's camera.

With a snap of her fingers, her dirty dress had vanished was was replaced with a new dress. It was a light peach color, long and flowy- making her feel more free, and stopped at her calves. The sleeves were meant to slide, they weren't on her shoulders. They were practically sleeveless, they rested in the crease just above the gold bands wrapped around her upper forearms. The muck and dirt residue was all gone and her skin was as clear as the day was. She wore a pair of dark brown gladiator sandals that had ended right under her knee. Her hair was fixed into their natural loose curls, gold headdress still propped on her head. As for the said gold bands, Ambrosia also had gold armbands on both sides of her lower forearms that complimented the gold leaves around her head. As for face, she went natural. Whatever she ate up in Greece really flushed out her skin and she looked beautiful as is.

Ambrosia turned around on her heel, unlocking the door and making her way out into the hall. She looked for someone approachable. She went for the hunky, cute boy with nice arms- although he was no match for her good friend Hercules, the boy almost looked like he could fit in up at Mount Olympus. The boy wasn't alone though. He was surrounded by two other good-looking boys and girls.

"Hello, excuse me," she cleared her throat, her voice sweet. Her voice resembled the equivalence of a honeysuckle. No one expected much, but when given a taste, was surprised by the smooth and sweet it was. "I was wondering if you knew where I am." it was an awful odd question to be asked and it was evident that the group wanted to laugh. She ignored them and kept her composure.

"You don't know?" The smirky boy asked in disbelief. "Beacon Hills, California." he responded. He hadn't seen her before and he sure as hell knew she wasn't from around, it was clear from her thick accent that only made her voice sound sweeter.

"Beacon Hills, California..." she repeated to herself with furrowed eyebrows and squinted eyes. Clearly, the girl was confused. She had never heard of this strange land called California, she'd spent all of her time stuck in an area where she could be safe, safe from being killed from mortals. She'd wished she had had the goddess Athena teach her about Geography, then things would be a lot easier for her to comprehend.

"You look lost." one of the girls spoke up. The girl was tan and had a beautiful pair of brown eyes that really complimented her face structure. "Are you lost? Do you need help? What's your name?" the first guy she spoke to looked over his shoulder, almost as if he was concerned that she was asking so many questions.

"I'm Ambrosia... And I don't know where I am..." to them, it seemed like she'd lost her memory, suffering a sad case of amnesia.

"Well, I'm Theo and these are my... friends. Hayden, Tracy, Josh, and Corey," the god-like boy introduced. "And we can help you."

///
yes, get it ambrosia

nice catch, jerk-ules!

yours truly,
rany🌻