✦ five: early bird ✦

Tracy sat straight up, patting the area beside her. She noticed the spot was empty. She could have sworn Ambrosia had fallen asleep next to her. Tracy's nose twitch as a familiar scent had filled her nostrils. Tracy hopped out of her bed, tumbling down the stairs to see Ambrosia at the stove. Ambrosia was humming to herself as she held a spatula close to her chest. She perked up, smiling widely at Tracy.

"Good morning!" The girl greeted. She still wore Tracy's pajamas, so she couldn't have gone anywhere outside of the house. "I'm making breakfast. I think the others are on their way too, so I made big batches of food." She announced, giving the news that had come from one of her animal friends. "That's just what a little birdie told me anyway."

"Okay..." Tracy nodded her head in amusement, a small grin on her lips. She'd already knew that this girl could talk to birds, it was something she discussed with Theo. "Well, I'm gonna go get dressed. You stay here and don't hurt yourself, alright?" Tracy had her hands up as she backed away towards her flight of stairs. Ambrosia acted as if she didn't hear and just went back to humming.

It was only moments (around fifteen minutes maybe) until Ambrosia heard the front door swing open. Of course, there was that bickering that wasn't Tracy (whom was upstairs anyway) and Josh- it was Hayden and Theo. Corey looked tired, if anything Ambrosia wouldn't be surprised if he was ill and sleepwalking. Though, she did see Josh enter the front door. Josh pulled the strings of his hoodie and went straight to the couch to lay down. They were practically dripping with exhaustion.

Looking around, Ambrosia wondered what she could do to help. She noticed the empty coffee maker and discreetly pointed her finger at it. Pixie dust-like glitter shot towards the coffee maker and suddenly it was filled up with fresh black coffee. She reached up and grabbed a few mugs, each different colors so they could tell whose was whose. Ambrosia turned off the stove with a click and flipped the last omelette onto a glass plate. She turned her back and Corey had all the mugs in his hands, jumbled up in his arms as he tried to help set the table. When he'd seen Ambrosia looking, he gave her a weak smile.

Ambrosia set the last plate on the table and went to get the carafe of coffee. She poured a cup before setting it on a hot pad. Ambrosia sighed deeply before sauntering over to the couch of the living room. She gently rubbed Josh's shoulder, earning a muffled groan and probably a 'stop it'.

"Josh," She began in a hush voice. "Josh, it's time to get up, breakfast is ready." Ambrosia squeezed his bicep, totally unaware of where her hand was, and he sat straight up. And instead of apologizing for something she didn't know about, she handed him his blue mug of coffee and turned on her heel to march to the kitchen.

Once everyone had met up in the kitchen, Tracy smelling like she'd bathed in perfume- which wasn't bad, they'd all sat around the table. It was awkward too, they just stared at one another while Theo scolded Hayden, once again, for hanging out with Liam when she was strictly told not to.

"Didn't you like, hate him a week ago?" Theo questioned, truly confused. Tracy's eyes widened as she looked away and took a sip of her coffee. Josh had his elbow on the table, chin rested in his palm. And Corey was just waiting for them to shut up so he could eat. But Ambrosia stared at the window, seeing a few birds perched there, chirping to each other while they stared into the house. She could understand completely what they were saying.

Another animal attack by something that was not entirely an animal.

Corey sighed deeply, loud enough he grabbed everyone's attention- minus Josh who had fallen asleep again, this boy. "So are you guys done? You're both making us very uncomfortable and some of us don't want to go to school on an empty stomach. So why don't you two be quiet so we can eat or go outside and finish your business there." Corey sassed, waking up Josh in the process. Corey had been pressed and it was obvious he was hungry. He always got like this when it came to food he was just so done with their arguing.