Chapter Five

Tisoy had his first real girlfriend when he was seventeen. It was not Janna. Her name was Melissa. To say the girl was pretty was an understatement. She was gorgeous, commercial model gorgeous. At first, naririnig ko lang ang tungkol sa kanila. I thought it was one of those rumors. But then everything was confirmed when he decided to take Melissa to our house and introduce her to my parents. I hated him more because of that. He took his girlfriend to our house and we all had dinner together. The guts of that guy!

Gusto ni mommy at daddy si Melissa para kay Tisoy. She was in college and Tisoy was still in highschool. Pareho lang sila ng edad pero dahil nga nakapag-aral noon nasa highschool pa rin siya. Janna was a dean's lister, a varsity volleyball player, she plays the piano, she plays the guitar, and she was the best in everything you could think of. She was literally Miss Perfect and I hated her. She tried to be friendly with me but I made it clear that I didn't like her and we would never be friends.

I clearly remember this one incident like it was just yesterday, Mom and Dad were out and Melissa came over. Melissa was always welcome in our home. I couldn't stand being around that woman. Kinakausap niya ako kahit obvious naman na ayaw ko siyang kausapin. I left them in the living room and went up to my room. I read for a bit. Hindi din ako mapakali sa binabasa ko. It bothered me na silang dalawa lang ang magkasama ngayon.

I decided to shut my book and go downstairs. Wala na sila sa living room ng bumaba ako. I went to the pool but they weren't there either. Just as I was about to go inside, I heard soft whispers coming from the toolshed.

Blood raised to my head as my heart rate increased. I marched towards the tool shed and pulled it open. Melissa was undernearth Tisoy with only her bras and shorts on. They pulled away the moment the door opened. Tisoy turned his head to me, his eyes widened in shock. It was as if time had frozen. Para akong napako sa kinatatayuan ko at hindi din sila nakagalaw agad. He opened his mouth but no words came out so he closed it again.

"Ang babastos niyo!" I managed to scream. Tumalikod na ako at nagmamadaling lumabas doon.

"Mallory!" I heard him call my name but I ignored him.

With big steps, I was half running and half walking. He ran after me and quickly caught up with me. His fingers wrapped around my arm and he turned me around so I was facing him. I gave him a searing glare when our eyes met.

"You are disgusting! Dito mo pa ginagawa yang mga kababuyan niyo! Mom and Dad will know of this!" I angrily said.

"Mal, I'm so sorry. Hindo ko sinasadyang makita mo 'yon."

"Bitawan mo ako!" I said, struggling to get out of his grip.

"I'm so sorry." He said with regret written all over his face.

Before I could think of what I was doing, my hand raised and landed on his face. He let go of me and held his cheek as his eyes lowered to the ground. Gulat na tinitigan ko ang kamay an sumampal sa kanya bago ako muling tumingin sa kanya.

"I..." My mind went blank. I was shock at what I did but i quickly composed myself as best as I could. I ignored my shock and focused on my anger. "I HATE YOU, YOU PIG!"

"Derek..." I saw Melissa walking towards us. Huminto siya sa tabi ni Tisoy at ipinulupot ang magkabilang kamay sa braso nito.

That was when I turned away and ran inside. For some unknown reason, tears began to spill from my eyes and I could help it. My heart ached with a searing pain that refused to go away.

It was a pain I'd never felt before.

I went to my room, threw my body on the bed and cried. It hurt. I didn't understand what I was feeling, all I knew was that I was hurting. So bad.