Chapter 25

Today is my first day of the break up. That means I have two options. Call the girls and pig out on ice cream, or go somewhere alone. I opt for the second. I love my friends but I need some alone time. I dress up in my camouflage sweatshirt and ripped jeans. I grab some dark sunglasses and my bag and walk out, after I tell Liam where I am going of course.

     I know my way to this place like the back of my hand. I have been coming here for six years now. It makes me feel powerful and just gives me a chance to think. I get to the gym and go to the locker rooms. After, I change into my gym clothes. This is a pink sports bra and black basketball shorts. I chalk up my hands and plug in my headphones. I put on some old rock music and just go to it.

    I should explain to you that I box. Liam started when he was little and I kind of picked it up. So when I ever need to think I come down here and pound out my feelings. After about an hour, I feel someone place their hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see Nick. I pull out one bud.

     “Hey Hail, when did you come back?” Nick smiles. I groan at his happiness.

     “Too! Much! Happy!” I groan. Nick’s smile falters.

    “What happened? Last time we saw you, you were incredibly happy with Harry?” Nick says. My face heats up and I feel tears coming on. Before I punch Nick, I turn and punch the bag. “Woah, girl. Tell me what happened.” I sigh.

    “Harry got on X-Factor.” Punch. “Management says he can’t date.” Punch. “Wanted to secret date.” Punch. “Humiliating.” Punch. “Break up.” Punch, punch, punch, punch! I sigh and lean my forehead against the bag.

     “Sorry Hayley. What do you want to do?” Nick asks. I smile. The girls can only help with emotions. Liam is too uptight for fun. Boxing is only making me angrier. Nick can party.

      “Can we go to the new club in town?” I smile evilly.

     “I’ve been waiting to go there! With you, actually. Ok, I will pick you up at 8:oo. Are you staying at Liam’s?” Nick asks. I nod.

     “Thanks Nick.” I kiss his cheek and run off to the locker room. When I get home I pick out an outfit. I choose a red dress that ends at my upper thigh. There is a black belt on it and it hugs my figure perfectly. I pair that with black pumps and a silver bracelet. I debate on wearing the heart necklace Harry got me for our five month anniversary. I decide on no, because this is a Harry free night.

       I walk downstairs and hear a wolf whistle. I turn around to see Liam in sweats and a running shirt. I smile and spin, showing off my dress. “What do you think?” I smirk.

        “Very nice, but what’s the occasion? I thought you were staying in with the girls.” Liam asks.

       “Well, I ran into Nick at the gym and I asked if he wanted to go to the new club and he said yes.” I reply.

        “Please try to not get drunk! It won’t help.” Liam begs.

      “Well it will for a little while!” I snap. “It hurts, Liam! I want to make it stop but it won’t! Maybe if I can forget it for one night, I can be happy one more time!” I say, holding back tears, not wanting to ruin my make-up. Liam pulls me into a hug.

        “Shh, sweetie. You go have fun, for me.” Liam says softly. I sniff.

       “Thanks Li, I will.” At that moment, the bell rings. Nick and I catch a cab and get to the new club, named Drunk. Creative, right? So we get in and I run to the bar. I order five shots of vodka and down them quickly. Now that I have a buzz, I can have fun. There is a stage on the dance floor. I stand up and start to basically do a strip tease. After ten minutes of that, I get bored. So I get a couple more drinks. My vision starts to get hazy. What I do remember is talking to people about a trip? And a panda? And something about Doncaster? That is all I remember before everything is black.

      I wake up in a backyard. I am holding a stuffed panda bear. I get up and see some people walking. I walk over to them and ask them where I am.

      “Um, well you are in Doncaster.” One of them says. Oh god?! Who do I know in Doncaster? Louis! I grab my phone.

        “Thank you,” I say to the people. Two rings and he picks up.

        “Hey Hayley!” He shouts. I cringe.

       “Ow Lou, I have a hangover. And I’m in Doncaster. Can I stay at yours?” I say quickly.

      “Sure, I will text you my address.” I thank him. When he texts me I run to his house. I knock on the door and a girl around my age answers.

        “Hi, I’m Lottie. Who are you?” She asks politely.

        “I’m Louis’ friend, Hayley. He said to meet him here.” I tell her. She nods.

      “Lou, your friend is here!” She shouts. I hold my head in my hands. Oh god that hurts. “Sorry, hangover?” I nod. Louis comes up and brings me into his room.

        “So what brings you here?” Lou smiles.

       “I seriously don’t remember. But that’s fine, I didn’t want to remember.” I say.

      “Why not?” Louis asks.

     “I broke up with Harry,” I end up spilling the whole story. All about how he was put into a group and how we broke up and when I finish, Louis’ mouth drops open.

       “I’m so sorry, Hayley.” Louis says.

       “It’s fine. I don’t think that my idea was the greatest anyway. So, what’s up with you?” I ask.

      “Well, X-Factor and all.” Louis goes on and on telling me about anything and everything. When we are done catching up, I go home to Liam, who is thoroughly pissed.