Chapter 28- What'd I Miss?

Louis's POV
Autumn and Victoria keep hugging for a long time. They seem as close as sisters, Autumn has told me before that she has always wanted a sister but got a brother instead and her parents said no more kids. I personally want 3 kids, a set of twins maybe.
Autumn talks about Victoria a lot. Autumn has a weird thing that sometimes she just blanks out. When she gets out of it, she'll ask what you were saying or what happened. But it's weird because sometimes she'll talk about whatever she I guess is thinking about. I don't think she realizes it. And no one else would notice that she blanked out if she doesn't ask what happened or what you said. She looks completely normal, doesn't do anything weird like have a mini seizure. She just sits there, maybe writing, talking, something like that. But I can always tell, she has this really distant look in her eyes.
She talks about Victoria when she's in one of her blanks outs sometimes. She says that Victoria has a crush on Caleb, whoever that is. Or only Victoria would get this joke and she will tell you. Or she'll tell you about a time when Victoria came over. But it's just a few random things here and there. Autumn's blank outs never last long.
She talks about me sometimes, as if I aren't there too. She once said, Louis looks really hot today. That was my favorite. But also, I like when Louis wears his blue shirt, he looks adorable in it. Or, I think I'm in love with Louis. I never told her about those, figuring she'd be too ashamed to talk to me ever again. So those are my little secrets. Maybe I'll tell her one day. Anyway, back to the present.
The girls finally released each other.
"Do you know what happened?" asks Victoria. "Everyone else in the house was out, movies. But I didn't want to go so I stayed home. I hope that they're ok,"
"I don't know what happened either, all I know is that I went into a bunker with my friends and now we came to look for you. And also, I have something to show you," Autumn says.
She comes over to me, tells me what we're going to do. Then she walks back over to Victoria.
"Alright, this may sound a bit creepy, but I have a power and so does Louis. I can read your mind. And Louis, well, he can show you what he does,"
     I start to concentrate on Autumn, how beautiful she is and how much I love her. I have to think happy thoughts if I want to fly, sort of like in Peter Pan. I hear a gasp and I know that it worked.
     "I've missed too much, haven't I?" Victoria asks with a big grin on her face.
     "Yep, I'll explain it to you later. I think now we just have to get back to camp," Autumn says.
"How are we gonna do that? I don't think that we could both ride Louis, could we?"
"Well, we won't know until we try."
Autumn looks at me with a wicked yet apologetic grin. I slowly back away, but she springs at me and we topple to the floor, her on top of me. She kisses my lips very quickly and then whispers into my ear.
"You can carry me, she can ride on your back if you want, or we could drive but that would take a long time..." she says, pleadingly.
"Fine, but you owe me..." I say, flashing her a cheeky grin. She punches my arm.
"I wish, but we can't have a long make out session with people watching us, so not right now!"
"Fine, we can drop her off at camp and then I'll take you somewhere... A little more private."
I have a very nice place in mind, but it's a surprise and I can't tell her. All I'm going to say is that it's breathtaking and you'd never be able to forget it.
"Get on his back Victoria, he's gonna carry me," she calls to Victoria.
Victoria carefully climbs onto my back. I then start to think of happy things, Autumn saying those things about me. I open my eyes to see Autumn a foot or two below me. I reach my arms out to her and pull her up into my arms.
We fly about 3/4 a way there and stop at a rest stop, I grab a candy bar from the little convenience store and eat it, sitting outside on the bench. Autumn falls asleep, her head falling on my shoulder. When it's time to go, I scoop her up, Victoria climbing back onto my back.
We get back to camp, and I set Victoria down a few alleyways away from where camp is so the strangers don't see me. I tell her to say that Autumn and Louis sent her, and that they would be away for a few days. I hand her an post card from there and tell her to give it to Freddy and say that that's where we'll be if anything goes wrong.
     I take off once again, Autumn still sleeping in my arms. She murmurs a few things, once she said my name, another time she said costume and picture. Maybe she was talking about a Halloween dance? I wouldn't know because I haven't been to one, despite all of Autumn's efforts to get me to go at least once.
     I fly in silence, only looking away from my route to check on Autumn. I decide to take another break in a park, sitting on one of the picnic tables. It was in the woods, not in an open area just in case there are people nearby.
     I rest there for a while, looking at Autumn's beautiful face. Her bright blue eyes weren't open, but I could see the rest of her face. She had a small but really cute nose with freckles dotting it which continued to her cheeks, just under her eyes. Her lips, not big and full but not small either. A strand of her brown hair falls onto her face and I brush it off. She has long curly eyelashes which are actually natural and not fake.
She does not like to wear makeup without an excuse although I don't get why. She says she doesn't care what others think about her, but I know that it's not true.
I remember that she used to, back in middle school, but that was before, before the idiot kids bullied her. She wouldn't tell me what was wrong but eventually I figured it out. I told all of those kids to back off and they never did anything again.
Back before that though, she would wear costumes and she dyed her hair. All of it. She was so happy back then, a crazy, free spirit. But after, she changed. She wouldn't wear anything that would attract attention, no more of her crazy costumes.
She was never the same. She still is beautiful, amazing, funny, ect. But she won't do anything to get attention. That wasn't even her motive in the beginning, but still.
Sometimes I wish that I had found out sooner, that she had told me so that they would've stopped and maybe she would be the same. But things change, they really do.
I decide that it's time to go, no more rest. I think of Autumn as her old self, her happy and daring one. And we go up and up. I fly on and on until I finally spot the lake in the distance. Finally, were there. I just hope that this all goes well...

______________________________________________________
Hey! Thank you for reading this chapter! I have nothing else interesting to say, so I hope you liked this chapter. Tell me if I could improve it in any way please. Thanks!