The Meeting

"Oh, great, more dirt," Ember said to herself, blowing her black hair out of her face, "I don't get why all the other humans had to destroy everything else while destroying themselves. I mean, you could at least be nice to the environment!"

        She had been walking for 3 days now, hoping to find a place with some plants and animals. So far, she had no luck, but it wasn't like she was going to starve. Ember had "raided' a grocery store just the day before, so she had an average supply of non-rotten food. Still not very good food, considering the store looked really shady and was named "Bestest Foods", but she couldn't complain. Not after the robots had killed off her entire family. Well, more like her family had killed each other, but the robots were the cause.

        "Ugh!" Ember exclaimed, while kicking a rock, "There is no one to talk to! I'm stuck here talking to myself and going crazy, the two things that were definitely NOT on my bucket list! I don't even like people all that  much either!"

        Ember suddenly heard a noise inside one of the demolished houses. She immediately crouched down. After a few seconds she started inching towards the source of the ruckus. she took out a knife which she had hid in her pocket for safety and tensed up, ready to strike if need be. To her surprise, however, the thing that popped up was a girl, a girl with spiky, electric blue hair.

        "What's your name," said Ember, trying not to show any emotion. Even though she was overjoyed about finding another human, she had no idea if this girl was dangerous or even the type of person she wanted to be with at the moment.

        "My name's Brax, what's yours?" replied the girl.

        "Ember, and what are you doing in there anyways? There's not anything left of value in the houses. They were stripped months ago."

        "I wasn't actually trying to find anything, I was hiding," Brax replied. There's a group of people I encountered a few weeks back. They were not the friendly type, if you know what I mean, so I left them behind. But I've got the feeling someone's been following me, and just today I thought I heard them, so I ran towards the nearest building and hid out for a few hours. Better safe than sorry, especially these days. You never know what could happen."

        "Well, you seem like a good person to have on a team, want to join me? I don't usually like company, but right now, I think there's an exception." Ember said, putting her knife back into her pocket.

        "Maybe," Brax replied carefully, "It would be nice getting to actually talk to someone other than myself for once. Where are you going anyways?"

        "I'm going to where that group of robots are living. I have to stop them before they do anymore damage. They've already been the cause of my whole family's death and so many others too. They must be taken care of."

        Brax looked thoughtful, as if she was thinking how exactly they were going to stop the robots. Ember couldn't blame her, even to herself it seemed far-fetched, but she wouldn't just let the robots do whatever they wanted, they were dangerous, and crazy.

        "Screw it, I'll join you," Brax said with a grin. "We better set up camp soon though, it's getting darker and you don't want to be unprepared during the night, you ever know what could happen."

        "You say that a lot, you know," Ember replied wisely, "Sometimes it's nice to let loose once in a while, pretend nothing is wrong, helps you relax."

        "It's hard when you live in a world overtaken by robots, but yes, I mean, it is nice. I guess I should do it more often." Brax replied.

        They were silent the rest of the time, too busy setting up their stuff in one of the less mangled houses to talk. Ember had found a sleeping bag in one of the stores she went through and it seemed Brax had done the same, for she got one out of her bag and set it down. They laid back and tried to sleep through the night. Although it was hard to fall asleep on a pile of dirt and rocks, they both knew they had to keep their strength up for the next day.