Levi x Reader |Je t'aime| Modern AU

Warning: Cursing (duh it's Levi)

It started with a dream and a promotion.

"Je t'aime".

Since he uttered the words, you learned of his French heritage and had your sights set on Paris, France.

And, he'd do anything to make your dream come true.

-~-

10:58 pm.

The screen turns black as you place your phone down.

He had promised he'd be home by 6 pm.

I guess not.

It's been a frequent event now.

Sighing, you stand up from the couch and resign to the plush bed. Closing your eyes, you succumb to slumber.

Soon, you hear the bedroom door open quietly as your dark haired husband walks in. You glance at the clock- 12:01 am.

He quickly changes and lies on the opposite side of the bed. Turning around to face him, you notice that he's already turned away from you, fast asleep.

Fat, plump tears begin to fall down your face and onto the pillow.

When you were first married, he'd hold you in his arms until your fell asleep. He'd always be sure to be home for a homecooked meal. He'd always tell you how much he loved you.

Now, you began to doubt his love for you.

Maybe, he's cheating? No, he wouldn't do that to you. Would he?

Maybe he's behind at work? You doubt it, he's always on top of things.

Or, maybe he stopped loving you.

-~-

Levi awoke the next morning tired as hell. Grabbing his phone, he checked for any emails or text messages. But, what really caught his eye was the date. It seemed so familiar, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

Noticing he was late for work, he hurriedly got ready for another stressful day.

-~-

You had slept in that day. You didn't have to go in for work today, making you very happy to sleep in.

*buzz*

Groaning, you silence the annoying phone and read the message.

"Happy Birthday y/n! -Marco (Polo)"

You smile, remembering it was actually your special day.

Reading through your messages, you were happy to see that all your friends had texted or left a voicemail wishing you a happy birthday.

But, your heart broke when you noticed the lack of messages from your husband.

*buzz*

You look at your phone with glassy eyes.

"I'll try to get Levi home early today for the party!-Shitty Glasses"

You can't help but chuckle at the name. Levi had changed it about a year ago.

Tears fill your eyes again at the bittersweet nostalgia. Shaking it off, you got out of bed to make yourself some breakfast.

-~-

You down another glass of red wine. The party had been going on for about three hours now, and most of your friends had left.

Tears threatened to spill over as your heart clenched. He didn't come.