Painful and Undeserved Consequences

Astrid whooped with glee from her position behind Hiccup. Hiccup loved the sensation of flying, but he couldn't help feeling an increasing dread. Something was going to happen. There was no way Hiccup could escape that easily!

Hiccup was right.

A bola slammed into Hiccup, knocking him off Toothless and away from Astrid. Astrid screamed as she watched him plummet. Hiccup didn't. He had expected this, hadn't he? Then why was he so scared?

Hiccup plunged into the icy water. The chill of the water stole his breath away. It was cold!

The next thing he knew, he was on an Outcast ship, being held captive by Savage.

"Well, look here! It's our little prisoner! Alvin will be glad to see you!" Hiccup slumped down a bit. He knew what that meant. Alvin mwas very, very angry. "He'll also want to know about that dragon!" Savage snarled out the last bit. Savage couldn't contain himself any longer. The sheer audacity of the boy! Riding a dragon! Savage backhanded Hiccup hard.

"Alvin wil get your secrets out of you! He'll enjoy it too!"

Hiccup looked up to see Astrid and Toothless preparing to attack the ship. "NO! Run! Get to Berk! Tell them what happened!" Savage hit Hiccup again for speaking.

Toothless was furious. How dare that horrible, smelly man hit his rider! He had only known the boy for a day, but Toothless liked him. There was no way-

Toothless was pulled off his course by Astrid. Astrid forced Toothless back into the route, saying, "Toothless, it's too late! We can't take that many people! We'll go back to Berk and get help there!" Toothless saw Astrid's logic, and reluctantly grumbled agreement. As long as they got to rescue his rider-

---

Stoick stood up. "So it's agreed. I-" Toothless and Astrid burst through the doors of the Great Hall. "IwasshipwreckedonOutcastIsland
andIsawHiccup!" Stoick put his hands out and said, "Hold on, Astrid. Don't move! That dragon-" Astrid interrupted her chief for the second time in ten minutes. "Don't worry, the night fury won't hurt you! I was shipwrecked on Outcast Island and I saw Hiccup! He's the one who trained the dragon."

The Chiefs stared at Astrid. "What?" Asked Stoick dumbly. "I'll explain."

As Astrid told the story, Stoick's eyes widened and looked nearly ready to weep when he heard Astrid describe his lost son. Once Astrid finished, Stoick said, "Okay, I have a plan. It's time for some revenge!"

---

Hiccup was pushed to the ground at Alvin's feet. He had been locked into a harness made of wood and metal, almost like a dragon's restraints. Alvin wasn't taking any chances.

"Hiccup, Hiccup, Hiccup. I'm very disappointed." Alvin's voice was quiet and deadly. He meant business. "You shouldn't have done that. NEVER DEFY ME AGAIN!" Alvin's tone went from deadly calm to raging inferno in an instant. Then it was back to calm. "Hiccup. Look at me when I speak to you." Hiccup had been looking at the ground, too terrified to look at Alvin. Alvin took hold of Hiccup's chin and lifted his head almost gently. Hiccup could see the pure rage in his eyes.

Alvin reared back and slapped Hiccup across the face. Hiccup could taste blood in his mouth. "No matter. Your father is coming to sign a peace treaty. More like a tribute agreement. I'm going to bleed Berk's resources dry and then kill everyone. And you're going to help me. You're going to tame dragons for me, so my men can ride them into battle."

Hiccup spat blood in Alvin's face. "No!" Alvin simply smiled and wiped the saliva-and-blood mixture off his face. "Oh, I think you will.  Savage! Take him to the top security cell! I'll deal with him later. I have to prepare to meet Stoick."

Hiccup was dragged off, helpless, by a chain attached to a reinforced wooden ring around his neck. (picture the chains that held Toothless in httyd1) Hiccup's hands were manacled to the wooden ring as well, so his hands were constantly up near his neck.

They arrived at a very deep pit. It had extremely narrow sides, and was circular. Hiccup was taken out of his chains and put into a harness much like ones used for rock climbing. A chain was attached to the back of it, and two more chains were attached to his wrists. Savage pushed Hiccup to the edge of the pit. "W-what are you- aaah!" Savage pushed Hiccup over the edge. When Hiccup was about to crash into the ground, the chain attached to his back suddenly pulled tight and jerked him to a stop. The painful halt knocked the wind out of Hiccup and made his ribs ache.

Hiccup was lowered the rest of the way to the floor. The chains attached to his wrists were pulled tight, and Hiccup was left in a kneeling position with his arms pulled upwards by chains. "This is your new home, Hiccup! Don't worry, you'll be seeing your parents soon!"

The glare Hiccup gave Savage made Alvin's right hand man flinch. The boy had too much spirit. Alvin would beat it out of him.