Chapter 31

Third Person POV:

The moment Caroline realized what she had done she whooshed to her room slamming the door behind her, that slam informed the entire house that she wanted to be alone. The entire day had passed without a sign of Caroline. The house was now sitting down to their first family dinner in two years when Rebekah enters the dining room "She's not coming down; She doesn't want to leave her room." Klaus and Elijah both stood at the same time to go speak with her. Elijah looked toward Bekah "Ill speak to her" he informed them and let the room.

Klaus sat back down rolled his eyes and growl. "Oh Nik you're not Jealous of big brother are you? Off to steal your girl?" Kol joked. The dagger eyes that Klaus glared at him told us that Klaus did not find it funny. "It wouldn't be the first time" Klaus grumbled under his breathe. "Nik don't be like that. You were gone for two years, I know it wasn't your choice but you were. In that time Caroline became part of this family. Elijah sees her no different than he sees me. He made sure no matter what she didn't forget you, He hung your paintings in her room, and he was always there for her went she was missing you so much she felt like standing in the sun to be with you he was there to talk her off the edge" She informed him. "If you want to worry about someone trying to steal Caroline it should be that Enzo guy" Kol told Klaus who he looked at questioningly. "He and her are friends, her other friends are always trying to push them together, plus he told Beks that when you woke up you could both battle for her love" Kol added. "He can try" Klaus said with a smirk.

Caroline:

I spent the day in bed there was just so much going on. A knock came at the door "Bekah I told you I'm not hungry, please just eat without me. The door opened and Elijah walked in and took a seat on my bed. "So tell me what has you hiding away up here?"

"I'm just so disappointed with myself for attacking Elena like that. I'm not a person who hurts other people. Klaus has been gone for two years and now our love is this crazy amazing thing, now there are these love trials whatever that is, why can't I get a few days to relish in the fact that my boyfriend is back" I informed him taking a deep breath.

"Caroline, you did not intend to hurt Elena and now that we know about your powers, Bonnie will train you so you don't accidently hurt anyone again" He consoled me. A knock came on the door and Klaus's head popped in "Brother do you mind if I talk with Caroline?" Elijah lightly touched my arm once again letting me know that everything would be ok.

As Elijah walked out the door Klaus walked in and stood in front of me. "With me being gone for two years I thought you would want to spend more time with me" Klaus joked. I grabbed his hand a pulled him to sit next to me on the bed. "Sorry, I didn't mean for you to feel neglected. I just am so frustrated with everything thing. I don't know what it means to be the Enchanted Vampire, I'm afraid that I will hurt people with this new magic. I'm nervous that I will fail these trials that I'm going to lose you for good this time. I'm upset that after trying to find a way to wake you every day for two years I finally get my boyfriend back we get all of this crap piled on us" I vented. He took my hand in his "It seems you have a lot on your mind, love. The magic we are going to get that under control. We are going to get through these love trials together" He said kissing my hand.

"One question love, who is this boyfriend you speak of?" He asked jokingly with that evilly delicious smirk of his. "I don't think he would like that fact that I am sitting in your bed with you" he added. I pulled his face toward mine, so close that our noses were touching. "Well then we will just have to make sure he doesn't find out" I said with a raised eyebrow trying to match his smirk. His lips smashed into mine and the moment our lips touched I forgot about all my worries. I leaned more into the kiss not wanting reality to set back in. A few seconds later I found myself straddling him staring into his hungry eyes. "Caroline, I've missed you so much." I smiled and kissed him once again "Not as much as I missed you."

"Sweetheart, I have a question and I know that it is going to kill the mood. I need to know what is going on with you and this Enzo character."

"Nothing, we are friends. He did try to make a move on me once, but Rebekah told him to back off and he never tried anything since."

"But he has feeling for you?"

"I guess. I'm sorry Klaus but I don't understand why that is important."

"He told my sister that if I woke he and I would battle for your love. And Caroline there isn't anything I wouldn't do to prove that I love you and you will forever be mine. If that little boy even thinks about making another move on you I won't think twice on breaking his neck."

"NIK!" I yelled getting his attention. "It doesn't matter if he did, I LOVE YOU, I want to be with you. I spent two years trying to get you back, hell I died for you. You are my always."

His hands cupped my check and he smiled not the smirk but a beautiful genuine smile. He lightly kissed my lips and looked back into my eye "and you are my forever."