Chapter 1

Kaidence's P.O.V

The buzzing of my alarm woke me. "Ugh great first day of school" I grunted shutting off my alarm. "You know its not that bad" I looked towards the door where my foster brother Dj stood. "Whatever get out so I can get ready!" I threw a pillow at him. "Whatever we're car pulling" he said as he closed the door. I finally got out of bed and grabbed a pair high waisted shorts and a pull over that says TCU and and some purple converse. I finished my morning routine before going downstairs for breakfast. "Mm these pancakes smell amazing" my foster sister Kallie said before stuffing her faced ."They taste amazing too" added DJ. "Okay guys time for school" Amina wiped her hands on her apron. I rolled a sausage link into my pancake before grabbing my backpack. "Bye mom" Kallie and Dj said simultaneously. "Bye guys" her eyes lingered on me for a while. I know she wished I'd follow along with Kallie and Dj but they just aren't my parents. 

***

We pulled up to the school and I quickly got out the car. "Wait for me" Dj muttered climbing out the car. I looked back at him before rolling my eyes and walking towards the building.
So many people scurried around with their schedules in their hands. I headed to the office to get my schedule when I notice this girl staring at me I looked back. "Can I help you?" she  said. I let my gaze linger for a second before I  turned around and walked in to the front office to the counselor. "Hello may I help you dear?" asked the counselor. "Um yes I'm Kaidence and I need to pick up my schedule" I answered. "Oh what's your last name?" she began sifting through files. "Anderson" I answered ."Ok Anderson, Anderso ahh here it is enjoy your first day "She exclaimed. "Thanks" I muttered taking my schedule and walking out.

I started walking towards my first period. Once I got there I found the furthest seat and sat down. "Umm your in my seat "I looked up to see a dark haired girl standing next to me. "Your name isn't on it though" I retorted .She continued to stand next to me. The bell rang and in walked the teacher. "Jennifer please find a seat" Mr. Andre said. She let out a groan before taking a seat at the desk a few rows away. "Good morning class today we will be working on an assignment, I understand that its the first day of school but it will be fun" Mr. Andre tried to sound thrilled. "Now roll call I'm  just calling and you raise your hand".

ATTENDANCE  

1.Kaidence Anderson

2.Chersanto August 

3.Jessica Brown 

4.Kerria Johnson 

5.Craig Johnson

6.Ariel Jones 

7.Jacob Latimore

8.Rayan Norwood 

9.Jacob Perez

10.Kamari Robertson 

11.Jennifer Romero

12.Infiniti Stephens 

13.Damien Wood 

14.Kamryn Wood  

"Alright now I'm going to randomly assign partners "he started calling names."Infiniti and Jacob P. ,Jessica and Jacob L. ,Kaidence and Marco, Kerria and Chersanto, Jennyfer and Kamryn, Kamari and Damien, Craig and Ariel" everyone started moving around. "Um there's no Marco and I  have no partner "said Rayan. "Oh well then your with Kerria and Chersanto with Kaidence"  announced Mr. Andre. "Go ahead and get together and we will talk about the assignment" announced Mr. Andre. 

"Omg she doesn't deserve Chresanto she gave me an ugly look "said Jessica. I sat down with my head in my hands. I don't know why Mr. Andre even switched partners. Another desk bumped into mines. I put my hands down and looked over at Chresanto. "Um hi " I muttered. "Hey you can call me Chres" he smiled. "Umm, your teeth are really nice" I said and bit my lip. 'What the hell Kaidence' I thought. He laughed thanks. I looked down. "I don't know why I said that" I looked down ."Class your object is to really get to know each other at the end of this week you will tell what you learned" everyone sighed. "Come get your iPads and get started" Mr. Andre sat at his desk.

*** 

Dj had something to do afterschool so I started walking home.

"Hey Kaiden wait up!" demanded Chresanto. I stopped walking and looked back at him. He ran to catch up to me. "Um may I help you?" I lifted my brow at him. "I  walk this way to so we can walk together" he had a small smile on his lips ."It's Kaidence " I turned walking off. "Well that's my nickname for you, you like?" I looked at him and he was smiling at me. "Uh sure why not" I kept on walking. "Good so I was thinking we could meet up tomorrow to work on the project" I could tell by his breathing that he was trying to keep up with me. "No thanks we can work on it in class" he tried to speak but I interrupted him. "Here's my house so bye" I quickly walked up the stairs. "Bye see you tomorrow" I could hear the disappointment.