Eight

Kaylee's Pov:

"Thanks again."

"For? I didn't do much love." I smile, humbleness.

"Uh, you can say no because you don't even know me but there's a carnival thing in town and I usually go every year. Um since you cheered me up, want to go? Like I said I would completely understand if you say no."

"Of course love, I'd like to get to know Canada."

-

"Where to Kaylee?"

"See that's not fair, you know my name but I have yet to know yours."

"Lucas."

"Lucas? I like it." He laughs and I cover my face. I'm definitely creeping the hell out of him.

"So? Where from Lucas?"

"Uh here, there. Kind of everywhere?"

"Oh yeah? I've never heard." We both laugh at me being a dork.

We walk to the stands and Lucas buys tickets for both him and I. Very nice. We walk over to get some cotton candy which he says he's never tried.

"So they really have no cotton candy from here, there, kind of everywhere?"

"We're very basic, boring people."

"Clearly, but you're in Canada now, let me help you do everything one should do while in Canada."

"Sounds like a plan yeah?" I laugh and nod. He grabs us the cotton candy and I take mine but wait for him to have some of his.

"This is atrocious." I gasp,

"I disagree," I shake my head laughing, "obviously you have no working tastebuds." He laughs but he stops almost immediately and drops his cotton candy looking at something in front of us.

I follow his stare, with the amount of people walking I can't seem to locate what he's looking at. I turn to ask but he's already walking.

How do I not notice these things?

"Get the hell off her bro!"

I hear Lucas yell and I run over before I miss something from happening.

I almost trip running over to where there is now Lucas and some guy pushing each other.

"Lucas!"  I hear a familiar voice yell his name. I try to look at who's calling his name but now there is people gathering around, some calling for security, teenagers recording for snapchat. I try to get further into the crowd to help Lucas or something but someone pulls my arm and I get dragged away from the crowd.

"What the he- Jake?"

"What's going on?"

"I have no idea, which is what I was trying to see."

"Stay here."

"No, I want to see what's go-"

"Kaylee. We don't know what's going on. I don't want you to get hurt or anything. What if something dangerous happens? Stay here."