Chapter 62- Part 1

The Crawley family had made it through the day managing to not throttle Violet. It seemed as though she had upset or offended  every member of the family. It was dinner time and everyone except from Violet. She had refused to eat in the presence of what she called "hypocrite's". 

You'd think Cora would of been happy to not see Violet however it only made matters worse. As almost everyone was still discussing Violet's sordid secret. This made Cora feel extremely uncomfortable. 

Was it too much to ask for a quiet dinner? 

Robert noticed Cora's odd behavior. It didn't take a genius to work out what was troubling Cora. He knew the reason as to why she was acting strange. He placed his hand on top of hers. Cora tensed up a little however after a while she relaxed.. Everyone started their own conversations. So the attention on Cora slowly drifted away. After half an hour had passed Cora made her excuses and left the dining room. 

She made her way back to her bedroom when she felt a hand appear on her shoulder. Cora gasped and turned to see Simon stood before her. Her eyes widened and her body began to tremble.

"Simon, what er um, what are you doing here? Who let you in and what are you doing in my bedroom?" she stuttered then started to back away. She couldn't back away anymore because she had found herself pressed up against a wall. 

"I'm here to see you my darling. I couldn't leave things the way they were. I let myself in" he replied.

Cora titled her head slightly "You let yourself in? Simon you can't be in here" Cora said calmly, she tired to hide the fear she felt. 

"Cora, I'm here to tell you I love you and that I want you to come away with me. We can be happy together. You'd free from all duties and responsibilities. Live the rest of our days together" he declared. 

Cora's mouth dropped. She couldn't believe her ears. Why was Simon here. She asked herself quietly. He then placed his hand on her cheek and caressed it sweetly. She then pushed his hand away.

"Simon you need to go. Before someone see's you" Cora said quietly whilst making her way to the door. when Simon grabbed her hand and twirled Cora around to face him. Her face  was so close to Simon's. She pressed her hands against his chest trying her best to protest his advances. He then surprised her by suddenly kissing her. This took Cora by surprise. The door then opened. Cora pushed Simon away. 

"What do you think you are doing?!" Cora demanded. Then she noticed someone standing in the doorway. It was ......... ROBERT!

Oooooooo another cliffhanger..!