011 » to remember and forget.

—

"Come on! You can do better than that!"

"Slow down, Kiddo!"

"And you're supposed to be an athlete. Please. Athlete, my ass."

"I am an athlete. But I'm a basketball player, not a track star."

"Still, you gotta have some endurance, Yoongi! Come on, ten minutes left and then suicide drills!" He chirped, running backwards along the blue track with a smile.

"Suicides too?" Yoongi's eyes seemed to pop out of his head then. He let out a groan, sweat beading around his sweatband, "I'm gonna die!"

Hoseok, far away on the bleachers, smiled.

This is what he did every Sunday, and it never got old. Watching Yoongi train, occasionally with a boy he called "Kiddo", was oddly calming under a never-ending summer's sun.

The yellow baseball cap atop his head kept him from squinting the sun away as he sat on the bleachers, legs crossed and all. And so Hoseok shut his eyes and breathed.

"So are you just gonna sit here and watch him or are you gonna go talk to him?"

He turned to her and tilted his head.

Her jet black hair and amber eyes glowed equally under the sun, the freshly cut locks sported in the style of a bob. He liked the new look on her.

She was finally finding ways to cope with her arrival after all these months.

Hoseok exhaled the clear blue skies and followed the two boys on the track. And thus he told her, in perfect content and happy of heart,

"When the time is right."

A breeze drifted past him and he felt light as a feather, the air smelled like fresh rain and wet earth. Rain wasn't rare in heaven, he learned, but he learned to like it. For with every new rain came another set of new souls.

Everyone in this heaven was brought here by accident. Their death wasn't necessarily meant to be. If they wouldn't have crossed the street or ran the light; if they wouldn't have kept quiet or been so great, or broken a heart, or indulged too much, or done too little, everything would be so different now.

Heaven was better than Earth, in a way though. Sure this place is for accidents, but sometimes, things happen by chance. And that's how his amber-eyed best friend, Antonella, could be here with him. She wasn't dead, but she was almost there. She can't decide what she wants. So she travels a lot between the planes.

Sometimes he was envious of her. He wished he could still see his family and Oksook and maybe even find his dream boy. Others considered him lucky. He was one of the few souls who had vivid, unbroken memory of his life before. Everything he had done had carried over with him to the other side. Sometimes it was a blessing. Others, it only brought heartache and tears.