012 » to exist and accept.

—

Baring back the massive palm leaves and opening the path, the seven entered the clearing with wide eyes.

"Here it is."

And seven boys, all brought together by chance, stood in the middle of paradise.

Their spirits lifted with each step up the grassy slope, feet weaving through the wild flowers that grew in scattered patches throughout the green. They climbed in silence and felt the weight of the incline, but somehow, felt lighter than ever.

All these hours spent hiking through the rolling green mountainside, and they were finally here. Finally at the peak.

The mountain had no name. In fact, there were few souls who even knew their way there. The boys didn't originally mean to stumble upon it. The plan was to take a simple morning hike at dawn through untouched lands, maybe a stroll through the forest while they were at it. Yet here they were in the clearing by some beautiful accident, gazing down at their heaven from the clouds.

Taehyung was a nomad. He liked to walk, he liked to travel, and so his soul was never only in one place. So as the others stood around in awe, he was the one to take the first steps.

The boy walked forward with a still heart. And he liked to believe that if he were alive, it would be hammering its way out of his chest with each and every footfall. If he were alive.

It no longer bothered him to think of what could have been. But looking back over his shoulder, he could tell that the same just couldn't be said about each of the six souls he had come to love in his ephemeral time with them.

Taehyung smiled.

And his eyes danced over the purple hair and sun-bronzed skin.

Namjoon.

Truthfully, he was closest with Namjoon out of all the boys. Perhaps that's why hated seeing him plagued by the what if's and if only's of his life before. And since Taehyung knew him best, he knew better than to believe the smile on his face while he drank in the view like lemonade on a summer day. He wanted nothing more than for Namjoon to abandon his worries. He wanted nothing more than for Namjoon to be happy.

Taehyung held his hand out, producing from it a single white peony which carried itself away on the breeze and to the ground below. Namjoon looked up, watching the petals waltz away on the wind to the sun. He wished he could be like them.

The grass chafed behind him under the weight of a body, and when he glanced down at the chubby fingers resting on his shoulders, he knew it was Jimin. Trailing behind Jimin was Seokjin, and behind him was Hoseok, then Namjoon, Jungkook and finally, with his hands tucked deep in his jeans, came Yoongi with a smile.