The Reason

After school I sat down on the courtyard working on the math homework that I had recieved from one of my teachers. My mind was all over the place as I sat there looking out at everyone. I look to see Henry come over and sat down next to me. I sat there ignoring him as I worked on my homework. He sat there staring at me which was really annoying me. "Can I help you?" I snapped. "Are you seriously that mad at me?" he asked. "Yes, because your were so disrespectful earlier with Mr. Downey." "Oh come on Lori everyone suppose to hate their principle's or teachers. It's part of being a teenager." "I don't like it." "You're not like most teens are you?" "It's just like you said 'To recieve respect you have to give.' " He rolled his eyes at me and stood up. "I think your better off with teachers as you friends." he said. I shot up from where I was sitting. "That's a shitty thing to say! Just because I defend them doesn't mean I need them as friends!" I shouted. "It comes off that way. You're a suck up it's what everyone is saying." "I don't care what people think of me!" I picked my thing up from the ground shoving them into my bag. "You know what? Forget it! Don't talk to me ever again." I stormed of into the school building.

I can't believe Henry was such a jerk. I thought he was sweet but, I guess I was wrong. I stepped into the office to notice Miss. Rowan wasn't at her desk. I walked over to Robert's door and peeked inside. He wasn't inside. I turned around to see Robert behind me and I screamed really loud. Robert cover my mouth with his hand and pushed me into his office. He removed his hand from my mouth and whispered, "Do you have scream so loud?!" I gave him a shove and placed my hand on my chest. "You scared the crap out me!" I said breathing heavily. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scared you. What were you doing here anyway?" "I just needed to talk to someone is all." A smile grew on his face as he sat down behind his desk. I took a seat in front of him. "What's on your mind?" "Do you think I will have any real friends? Like around my age." I repiled. "Friends are suppose to like for who you are? What makes you ask that." "Well, Henry said that I would be better off with teachers as my friends." "Why would he even say that?" "It's because earlier at lunch when you came by to say hello I guess and left. Henry started disrespecting you and I got mad." He began smiling at me again and I just sat there blushing. "Miss. James, you got mad? I'm touched." I busted out laughing. "Lori, if he doesn't approve of what you stand for then, he's not a true friend. Just out of curiousity what did he say about me?" "He called you an asshole." "I do have one so you can tell him I said thanks for pointing it out." I busted out laughing again covering my face. He joined me and I couldn't help but laugh even harder because his laugh was so adorablely funny.

We finally stopped laughing and just stared at eachother. His eyes were so hypnotizing as I gave him a warm smile. "I have a question." I said. "What's that?" he answered. "Was Henry telling the truth when he said that you never came out of you office?" Robert let out a sigh as he shifted a little in his chair. "To be honest yes it's true. I have my reasons though." he replied breaking eye contact with me. "What are they if you don't mind me asking?" "Four years ago, I recieved news that my ex wife wanted a divorce. She was a teacher here at one time and I later found out she had cheated on me with another teacher. I tried asking her why she would cheat and her reason was that I was too much into my work. I was always with the students getting involved in what they were doing." "That's the stupidest excuse I have ever heard. You were doing your job there is no shame in what you do." "Exactly, but she obviously didn't care. Ever since then I just quit stepping out and getting involved anymore." "What possessed you to start getting involved now?" He sat there in silence refusing to look at me. He got up from his seat and started pasing around the room. I stood as I watch him thinking to myself what could be his reason. "I don't know how to say this without having you think I'm a complete weirdo." answered Robert as he stood there nervously. I walked up to him placing my hand on his shoulder. "It's okay. I'm sure whatever it is won't change the way I see you." I said smiling at him. He let out a sigh and looked at me. "It's because of you." I stood there for a moment suprised at what he said. I was his reason for him coming back out and reconnecting with the students again. It was weird but, I was honored. I smiled up at him giving him a hug as he returned the favor. God, was he so warm and I could smell his cologne which sent me into a trance as I held him close to me. I felt his hand stroking my hair which sent chills down my spine. I pulled away smiling as I gazed into his eyes. I don't what was going on between us as we leaned in closer pressing our lips against eachother. I cupped my hands around his neck as we kissed. Our lips were moving in unison. I felt his tongue caressing mine which made me grow weak in the knees. I couldn't stop kissing him wrapping my arms around him. He was such a passionate kisser and I didn't want it to end. Then I realized I'm kissing my principle and pushed him away. "Oh my God, I am so sorry. I shouldn't have done that." I snapped walking over to his desk propping myself up looking down. "Why are you apologizing? We both kissed eachother." he said standing behind me. I turned around to look at him seriously. "But, your my principle and older than me its just so wrong." "It may sound wrong. Yet it felt so right." I don't know what came over me but, I pulled him close to me crashing my lips against his again. Robert lifts me up and sits me on his desk. He ran his hands up and down my back. We heard a knock at the door and quickly broke way from eachother. I jumped off his desk and started acting normal. The door opened as I seen Miss. Rowan coming in. "Lori, did you get in trouble again?" she asked standing there looking at me. "No, she just came by to talk about a problem she was having with another student." answered Robert on my behave. I nodded my head in agreement as I swung my book bag strap on to my shoulder. "I better get going. Thanks for the advice Mr. Downey it was really helpful." I said and walked out the door.

I walked inside my cabins and tossed my bag on the couch. I sat down on the couch touching my lips as I played back the memory of me and Robert kissing eachother. God, he was such a good kisser. He was right. It felt wrong but it really felt right. Holy crap, am I falling for my principle. I still can't believe we kissed and I'm suprised he didn't pull away. I smiled to myself as I felt butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't stop thinking about him all night as I slept. I kept replaying our kiss in my dream it was so perfect.

*Robert's POV*

After Lori left the room I walked back over to my desk and sat down smiling to myself. "Robert, I'm concerned about Lori." said Lacy as she sat down in the chair in front of me. "Why are you concerened?" I asked. "She has been in your office nearly twice today. Don't you strike that as a bit odd." "No." "And she always acts suspicious when I walk in the room. I think she has a crush on you." I started laughing shaking my head at her. "Seriously Lacy are you that bothered by her to assume she is crushing on me." "This isn't a joke Robert!" "Lacy, just stop. Lori is a caring young lady and respectful. She needed someone to talk to. Who knows maybe she wanted to talk to you?" "Whatever, I don't trust her around you." "Are you jealous of a teenage girl taking interest in me?" "So you admit it, she's coming on to you." "No, that's not what I meant. It's the fact that you are getting so work up over a young girl." "I am not jealous." "Right." "I'm done think what you want but, I'm keeping an eye out on that girl." I rolled my eyes at her as she stormed out.

I sat there thinking about that kiss with Lori. Damn, it was amazing and I usually don't say that about most kisses. When she kissed me back again I went crazy. Her lips were so soft and sweet to the taste. Strawberry Kiwi lip gloss is my favorite now. I really need to be more careful because of Lacy. I think she likes me and that's a problem. She catches us I would be in some deep shit. I really don't want to lose Lori. It's weird that I'm having feelings for a teenage girl but, I really don't care. Hopefully, this kiss doesn't stop her from talking to me. I really want her in my life. She makes me smile and I need that.

*Do you think Lacy is catching on to Lori and Robert's secret relationship? Will Lori still talk and hang around with Robert after that kiss? Vote and comment please telling me what you think*