001 ; borderline mental

Hermione went back to work for the first time about a week after Severus moved in with her. She had no clue why he even moved in. He looked lonely, and Hermione had no one to talk to that would understand, that's what she guessed anyways.

Severus would not talk much. It was kind of sad. The whole reason they were living together in Hermione's opinion was to talk about how messed up was.

She couldn't think about this anymore. She had to get back to work. She had done all of her work from home, which is complete isolation and silence. Working in a cubicle with thin walls was a different story. As much as Hermione wished to just silence the walls, there were magic repellent charms on the whole building since the war.

Hermione could her everyone talk about her. Where had she gone? Why did she suddenly come back? How did she feel about Ron and his now 2 kids? Or that Ginny Potter was pregnant again?

Hermione could answer the last question easily. she was envious. She had thought she would have a family and married by now, actually. This was plain disappointing.

She sighed, and messed with the ring on her finger. It was a friendship ring from Harry and Ginny, who each had one of their own. James also had one, waiting in a box for when he becomes older. If only this ring was an engagement ring. One from Ron, with a rose-gold band and a pink stone to match the band. One that showed how much he loved her. Instead, she got an empty ring finger, still waiting for that engagement ring by her friendship one.

Hermione thought about how she desperately wanted a family. To be pregnant, having love and support. An idea popped into her head as she finished up her case. It was absolutely borderline mental, but it was a bloody good idea.

So she rushed to the Potter household, eager to converse with Ginny.

~*~

"You're absolutely mental. Full on crazy," Ginny says, dropping the half-eaten cookie onto her plate. "Wh-what? How did you get this idea?"

   "I lived in the muggle world for quite a long period of my life, Gin. People do it all the time!" Hermione exclaims. "Yes, but-"

"No buts! I'm going to get a donor somehow, and I just want your support," Hermione pleads. Ginny presses her lips into a thin line, staring at Hermione. She sighs, and gives in. "Alright, alright, it's your decision. The only problem now is getting a donor."

"Maybe Theo Nott? The latest gossip his he has a huge crush on you! Oh, what about that one friend of your's, Calvin?" Ginny ponders.

"Kevin," Hermione corrects. "And he passed away in a car accident last March. I don't think I could handle a kid from Nott. But...maybe..."

Hermione had not yet told any of her friends about her new roommate, or that the teacher was even alive! She bit her lip. Would he even agree to this? There was no way! Unless she seduced him maybe, but there was no way he would fall for that in the first place!

Hermione decided she could trust only Ginny with this information. She had not told her about her depression or why she had isolated herself from the world. so she told her everything. From after the war, to finding out about her parents, not being told the cause of death, not hearing from Ron, to being Ella, to Severus, and her undeniable slight crush for the older man.

By the end of it, Ginny was speechless. Then her ears turned red. "Do you want me to kick hiss arse? I can kick his arse, if you want."

And for the first time in about a year, Hermione laughed. She laughed out loud, releasing joy she didn't even know she was able to feel anymore.

"What? Am I missing something?"

~*~

Hermione opened the door to her 2 bedroom flat with a smile on her face. she had found out she would be spending the weekend with Teddy, and he would arrive tomorrow.

She slipped off her shoes, hanging her coat on the hook by the door, placing her keys and purse on the shelf next to the hooks.

   Hermione happily walked toward the living room to find Severus snoozing on the couch. She rolled her eyes slightly, before making her way to the kitchen.

   There was barely anything in the pantry, but there was some leftover macaroni in the fridge. She assumed that Sev had made it, as it wasn't there before.

   Hermione carefully placed the tub into the microwave, making chocolate milk while she was waiting. The microwave beeped, and she pulled out her meal before walking to the living room. Sev was awake now, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

   "Hello Severus," Hermione greets, settling herself in the armchair next to the occupied couch. Surprisingly, he smiles lightly. "Hello Hermione. Did you have a good day?"

   Hermione had to try and show she wasn't shocked. This was the most he had to said to her since he moved in. "I-It was alright I suppose. Everyone was talking about me, unfortunately."

   He raised an eyebrow to the brown haired woman. "Is that not what you desire?"

   She sighed. "They kept talking about Ron and how Ginny is pregnant-and to be frank, I'm slightly envious."

   Hermione was shocked she admitted that so easily. Seducing was out of the question, then.

   "Have you thought about getting a donor?" Severus asked. Hermione nodded. "Yes, but no one seems to fit."

   Severus had a pondering look on his face. That slightly scared Hermione, but she acted like it didn't. "Hmm."

   Hermione took a bite of her macaroni, before sipping her too-much-chocolate chocolate milk. "How about me?"

   That's when she spit out her chocolate milk into the macaroni and cheese, turning a bright red color. That was unexpected.

Very unexpected.