IMAGINE: Falling in love with Richard

You sit down on an office chair and pull yourself close to your desk. You stare at the blank computer screen and purse your lips. Your fingers lightly brush over the keys, your brain ticking for inspiration. You're righting the next few chapters for your online fanfiction.
     "Come on." You whisper, squeezing your eyes shut. Your eyes fly open as your cellphone rings. You reach for it and put it to your ear. "Hello?" You ask, not recognizing the number.
     "Hi, is this Y/N L/N?" An unfamiliar voice asks at the other end.
     "Yes." You answer skeptically. "Who's this?" You question.
     "This is Peter Jackson, the film director." He answers.
     Your eyes widen and you blink a few times. "Uh, um, hey. How did you get my number?" You ask incredulously.
     "I did a bit of research. I have a proposition to make, Ms. L/N. I've seen your online books and I absolutely love them—my whole family does. It's amazing." He starts.
     "Oh, Mr. Jackson, I'm so-so honored." You breathe, humbled.
     "I know in the future my time here will be over. But I don't want the Tolkien-lover generation to be gone, as well. I want generations and generations of people to know Tolkien and his work. And I believe you can help me with that." He continues.
     "I can?" You ask, raising your eyebrows.
     "Yes, you can. I want to do an animation mini-series on the Durins. Their life in the Blue Mountains before the reclaimed the Lonely Mountain. I need your help on this project, Y/N. You're the perfect fit—you're exactly what I'm looking for. So what do you say? Do you want to help me? To help the Tolkien fandom?" Peter Jackson says.
     Your mouth moves but no words come out, your eyes widened so much that they hurt.
     "Y/N?" Peter asks, after a long moment of silence.
     "Yes!" You exclaim exuberantly. "Yes, yes, yes, I will definitely do it." You say, somewhat toned down. You smile and laugh, so crazily happy.
     "Great, Y/N! I'm so excited and happy!" Peter exclaims.

---

      You sit in a room bursting with people. "It's so great to have everyone back on board who was with us from the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogies." Peter Jackson says. Everyone claps and cheers. "I just announced on social media what is going to be happening with the mini-series. Now I already have some actors and actresses here who've already auditioned, and I think would play their characters' parts nicely." Peter says, stepping aside and motioning to one side of the room where a short line of actors and actresses are waiting. Peter pulls out a notebook and starts reading off names. "We have Gerard Butler playing Feren, Thorin's brother. Rachel Weisz as lady Dis and Dominic West as Fili and Kili's father." Peter says. He looks at everyone. "We've already put Rachel and Dominic in a room together to read their lines together and it was perfect." He explains. "Also, we have Kate Winslet playing Legolas's mother. Lee Pace and Kate are very good with each other, and they fit perfectly." He adds. "And, one more announcement before we get started. This is actually a pretty big one, too. Y/N has decided to add a female character. Y/N, you can take it away." Peter says, nodding to you.
     Everyone looks at you in shock. "I know what you guys are thinking. Last time we added a character it got some mixed reviews, but I really think the fans are going to like her. Sage, the character that I think we should add, is a warrior and a healer. She's a very strong woman, not only mentally and emotionally, but also physically. She's a mixed Dwarven race. She's in love with Thorin Oakenshield. Tolkien never added a love interested or wife for Thorin, and I almost think he kind of deserves one. It's not going to be canon, of course, but I still think we should observe this possibility of adding Sage to this story." You exclaim.
    "I'd love to ask Tolkien if he was alive why he never added one." Richard Armitage, the first one to speak, murmurs, rubbing his chin.
     "Well, why don't we give it a shot and see?" Peter suggest, shrugging.

---

     You sit in a room watching as Richard Armitage and Gemma Arteton, the woman you picked to play Sage, read their lines together. "Okay, so next what I'm going to have you do is flip to page 203 of your scripts. That is the confession of love scene. I know it's kind of weird to act it out, especially since this is going to be animated, but still be passionate about it." You explain.
     You wait a minute or two, and then give Richard and Gemma the nod to start. "Thorin?" Gemma calls, her voice cracking.
     "Yes, Sage?" Richard asks. Gemma sighs deeply.
     "I saw you with Vi today." She whispers.
     "So?" Richard asks.
     "Thorin, don't you get it?" Gemma asks.
     "What are you talking about?" He questions.
     "I love you!" Gemma exclaims, letting out a sob. "I can't stand when you're with that woman, Thorin. It rips apart my heart. I've loved you since the moment I met you and yet you pay no attention to me." She cries.
     "Oh, Sage." Thorin whispers. "I'm in love with you too. My heart is yours. I was just trying to make you jealous by being with Vi." He whispers, softly.
     You can't help but smile and clap. "Guys, that was truly amazing." You say. Gemma beams at you and Richard smiles. "You're both amazing, and I'm so glad to have you on this project." You say.
     "We're glad to be here." Richard responds.