Average - Ch. 1

Ch. 1 - Orochimaru

She was average. Not pretty, not ugly. Not tall, not small. Neither was she fat or slim. Average. An average girl living in an average city, living an average life among average people.

Well, this is what most people would say and this is what most of the people saw.

But she carried a secret deep within she couldn't speak of. It was as if it was sealed away for her own good. She was not an orphan, like I said: an average kid. She lived in an average family, with a mother and father watching over her, trying to be the parents that would protect her. But on that faithful night, things nobody could imagine took place in the life of Aiko, the child who was sealed away for good.

The lives among good and bad, poor and wealthy have been destroyed by the person which name has been feared among all great and small nations.

Orochimaru.

As she first saw him, she thought he was interesting. She was playful, stubborn, curious, but also just a pitiful child in Orochimaru's eyes. Even tough, something caught his eye in that little child's mind, so he made friends with her, we could say he even cared about her, to the point a snake man could possibly have the ability to care.

He did think she was pitiful, but also special. Her parents knew nothing, they thought she just has an imaginary friend to play with, while they were keeping care of their flower garden which provided the shop where one of Aiko's friends and family worked with flowers.

Soon, Orochimaru disguised as a noble man who wishes to train Aiko before the academy for three years. It seemed odd, to even think about a strange man to take away a child from her parents. It was absurd. But Orochimaru's way or convincing was quite good, if not greatly admirable. He promised, that he would hold the child dear to him, as his own daughter and that they may not worry, that she will be with them on her birthdays to see she is well with him. It might seem odd, that Aiko's parents gave in so easily, but the thing was, that the child's parents just wished the best for her, to become something greater than they ever were in their lives. So that she would look back on her life, and be proud to have gone so far from being a child that loved the earth and everything around her, that crawled with life, to becoming a great shinobi who values life, friendship and the will of fire.

The snake-eyed man looked at the pitiful innocent child, who just had her third birthday and said with a calm, yet blood-freezing voice: "Well, Aiko my dear, shall we go now?" Aiko replied with tears, but also curiosity rising from underneath all of this in her eyes: "Yes sensei, we can go now." She turned to her silently crying mother and proud father, waving and smiling through her tears stating that she will one day come back to be greatly admired and respected.

So Aiko took off, to see what life is truly all about. That the world is not black and white. That she will never be average again. That life has its flow that you just have to learn how to handle in your own pace. If it is by the help of a true teacher who can understand the virtues of life, or if it is by a twisted half human being who values nothing but using someone to get to the desired goal that they have in mind.