Chapter 2

Chapter 2

When we arrived in Montana, I was still so upset.  We only had carryon luggage so we didn’t take long to come out of the terminal and find grandma. Having not seen her in six years Serenity was very surprised when they were greeted at the airport. Her Grandmother must have gotten plastic surgery, because she looked so good. Almost the same way she looked from her last visit. Serenity hoped she inherited the genes and would look that good in her 60’s.

After our reunion we headed out to grandmothers house.  She lives surrounded by the woods because of her job as a photographer of wild life.  She’s had some pictures published in Time Magazine and other nature magazines. I then saw my cousin Amanda come out and run to me. “I’ve missed you so much girl.  How are you?”

 “Really pissed they made me come here. I wanted to go to Paris” comes out of my mouth in a bitter tone.

Amanda laughs “Um, Well you really needed to come.”

“Yeah, that’s all I keep hearing.” I say still upset.

Later that night we had dinner. Amanda’s mom my Aunt Tilley made my favorite food, Lasagna.  “Ok honey, now that we ate, we need to talk to you” dad looks really worried. “I don’t know where to start.” he ran his fingers through his hair. A nervous tick of his.

“Well why don’t you just blurt it out” I told him getting irritated.

“Well you see the family has something we have been hiding from you until you turned 18.  We needed to tell you now because there is going to be a full moon tomorrow.”

I laugh sarcastically, “so what does that have to do with it.  It’s not like you’re going to tell me I’m a werewolf or something.” I had been in Grandmothers den and saw all those books she has on wolves and said it as a joke. God, my dad is so silly sometimes. It’s then that I notice that no one laughed.  What the heck. “Just spit it out dad, tell me why you made me come here.”

“Sugar, you are a werewolf!” He spoke so fast I barley understood him.

“Dad this is so not funny.” I glared at him getting irritated now.