Chapter 3

Chapter 3

To Logan’s horror, his mate took off running.

Oh Shit, he thought as he saw her run. My wolf took over and ran after her. Oh man, not good! This is going to be disastrous!!

“Yes, must catch mate and mark her as mine.  Must catch mate and mount her.”  I could feel the crazed need my wolf had. I could feel the excitement of the chase he was feeling. He needed to claim and tame our mate.

Holy shit! I was so turned on and so scared at the same time.  He was going to hurt our mate.  He will take her in an animalistic way.  No foreplay, no sweet words, just some down and dirty sex.  No, I can’t do this to her.

“Wolf, please control yourself; we could loss her before we even get her.” I tried to plead with him.

“No she is mine, my mate.” He howls out loud and I worry about scarring her even more. I have to make my wolf see reason.

“No she is my mate too, please don’t do this.”  My heart was pounding so loudly I could hear it echo in my ears. Unable to rein him in he reached her and grabbed her by the scruff.  I tried really hard to fight him back as he pinned her down on the floor.

Just as he puts his teeth in that special place between the neck and her shoulder, that place where she will wear my mark; she shifts back into a human, making my wolf loose his grip.  It stunned him enough for me to take over and shift to my human form.

 Poor Serenity was struggling to figure out what was happening. Logan had no idea she had mind linked her father for help. He was just too busy controlling his wolf.

***

On the other side of the woods Logan’s mother was busy dealing with his friends.

“Boys you know Logan went for a run, but you guys still came over to eat.” They just smiled at me.

“Mrs. A, you cook better than my mom.” said Rene.

“Oh son, don’t let her hear you say that.” He just laughed.  Then all of a sudden I got a message through mind link.

”Mom I’m by the river come quick please! I need your help and bring me a change of clothes.”  I ran to his room and got a white t-shirt and a pair of black sweat pants.  He seemed so panicked.  When I got down stairs the boys where all standing there looking worried.

“What’s happened Mrs. A?” Kevin asked.

“I don’t know, Logan said he’s by the river and that he needed a change of clothes.” I told them as we all headed outside to the woods with me Shifting in back of the bushes while they shifted in the open. We ran to the river unsure of what we would find there.   When we arrived Logan was sitting on the ground cradling a girl in his arms.