prologue

They say that God gives his toughest fights to his strongest warriors.

       Well, I've been through one hell of a fight, and now it seems like I am one strong ass motherfucking warrior.

       Strong enough to survive a bullet to the chest that is.

       Demi completely missed my heart. She was drunk, thank God, so instead she hit my shoulder.

       My eyes struggle to keep open as I see whirls of faces lean over me, their mouths moving but I couldn't hear what they were saying. Everything was as if a dream, but at the same time it wasn't. Everything that has happened wasn't a dream, it was a reality, my reality. Their hands grab and shook me, trying to keep me awake from falling asleep. That's all I wanted to do, really. Just close my eyes and sleep for years to come.

       The pain in my shoulder is unbearable, I know what it feels like to get shot now.

       And it's not a pleasant feeling.

       "Octavia, can you hear me? Hey, hey, don't close your eyes. We're getting you out of here." I blink, looking up at the face that was hovering over mine, her green eyes look at me with so much worry and fear as she grabs my face in her hands.

       Lexi?

       "L-Lexi?" I say, looking up at her with confusion and blinking my eyes even more. She can't be real, I saw her get shot, how is she alive?

       "Hey, I've been looking for you for a month. And I know, I should be dead right? Well, one more inch closer to my heart and I would've been dead." She chuckles before grabbing my arms and wrapping them around her neck. "Come on, let's get you out of here," She says, and then I watch as two faces enter my vision.

      Kendall and Javier.

      "Where is she? Where did she go Octavia?" Kendall asks me, urgency in her voice as she looks at me with hard eyes, Javier beside her with a clenched jaw and cold eyes. "She's been shot in the shoulder, Lexi get her to the ambulance."

       "Yes, ma'am." Lexi nods but tightens her arms around me.

     "She went that way," I say, motioning to the left and they both ran out of my room, their footsteps fading as they shout for their sister.

     "Jesus, what happened to you?" Lexi asks me, wrapping her arms around my waist and pulling me onto my feet. I lean my head on her shoulder as she starts to make me walk, but seeing that I have a twisted ankle, she lets me lean on her for support.

      "I'm so tired, Lex." I whisper, my head dropping and my eyes fluttering closed. I felt her fingers grab my chin and force me to look at her, I open my eyes.

      "No, don't you dare close your eyes. We have to take you to the hospital," She tells me, shaking her head. I sigh, but let her carry me through the hall and out the front door. Lights of blue and red flash across my eyes and I could see in the distance cop cars, ambulances, a helicopter in the air, armed cops. Feeling my knees buckle underneath me, I fell down to the ground as Lexi gasps, grabbing me before I could hit the floor.

       "No, no, hey." Lexi says, and I felt her hands on my cheeks, she slaps me softly and I open my eyes, looking at her tiredly.

       "Look at me, we're gonna get you out of here then you're gonna go home, okay? That's all you've wanted. And when we are home, I'm gonna be by your side and we are going to say that we've made it, alright? Come on," she says, nodding at me as worry crosses her features.

       But it was too late.

       I close my eyes.

I surrender.

First chapter will be published on April 4, 2016. (Yes, I know, a month from now, suck it up.)

COMING SOON (to a theater or bookstore near you, nah I'm joking lol I wish.)