fourteen » i n t i m i d a t i n g

"Sometimes you just gotta take matters into your own hands." — Unknown.

»»»

Octavia

"I honestly need to stop waking up in hospitals. Fuck my life, ugh." I groan as I press a hand against my eyes to shield the lights from coming into my eyes. I sit up slowly. I hear a shuffling beside me and I pull my hand down, looking over.

Lincoln stands from the chair next to my bed and smiles gently at me as he sits down beside me, taking my hand. I look him over, seeing that he hasn't changed his clothes and there is still blood staining his clothes. There's dark bags around his eyes and his hair is messy, as if he kept running his hands through it.

"Well, I'm glad I didn't wake from another coma. How long have I been out?" I ask him, pulling my gaze away from his dark eyes and to my own body. Most of my torso is covered in bandages and under my boobs, there are bandages with dry blood on it. It wraps around me and my waist is covered with the sheets. There's a few wires and VP attach to my arms but other than, I feel good.

"Half a day, through the night you were in surgery. But doctors said that you'll be fine, you will recover and need to rest." He tells me and I nod before looking back to him.

"So what happened to me?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"You got shot in the liver, Octavia. That's why you were losing a lot of blood, so much you needed a blood transfusion. For that, the doctors had to contact your family—" Lincoln starts to tell me but I cut him off.

"Shit man, who picked up the phone?" He raise an eyebrow at me as I look at him with panic.

"Your older brother, Jeremy. He told me that he will be taking a flight out here to see you and told your parents. You'll be going home with him when he comes here. Since you're not a citizen of Spain and don't have any insurance here, you'll be out of the hospital in a few days. Your parents want you home." Lincoln says to me and I notice the small bandage covering the skin on his forearm and that he was the one who gave me blood for the transfusion.

I curse. "Fucking hell, give me my phone. Jeremy's not taking me home." I tell him, pointing at my phone on the nightstand and he narrows his eyes at me.

"What do you mean?" He asks me, shifting his body to block my sight of the phone. His hand lets go of mine as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"I'm not going home because Demi is still out there with Avalon and you guys probably don't know where she is yet. I'm not going home until she's behind bars or even better, dead. Now give me my damn phone Lincoln, I don't care what you're going to say." I say, then push myself forward to grab my phone but he quickly takes it, holding it out of my reach. I glare at him.

"That's not up to you, Octavia. That's up to the governments who I'm sure are going to send their own elite soldiers to catch her. Kendall is being interview right now by the US military and I'm pretty sure she's gonna get suspended, maybe even thrown into jail for what she put herself through. Malu and Kady are in the same position as her. They've broken laws, Octavia. Javier is done, he wants us both back home in England. They told me that they aren't going after Demi, that the only way that Demi is gonna get caught is that if she wants to get caught or if she gives herself up. They're done with her, now that Rogelio is dead and Leonardo has been sentenced to jail for all the crimes he committed. Demi actually cut his penis off, don't you remember?" He tells me and I narrow my eyes at him.