Chapter 2

"Are you ready Ali? Our plane leaves soon we need to go!"

"Coming Gabby!"

Seventeen year old Allison Reid was getting ready for a trip to Australia with her lifelong best friend Gabrielle Jensen for the winter. Like most friends, they met in school - grade one in fact - and they'd been inseperable since. 

"Ok girls, are you sure you have everything? Did you triple check your suitcases before you closed them? And do you know where your passports are? Don't lose them they are your only way to get back to Vancouver! Make sure you have your plane tickets too! What about your money? And aunty Rachel, I hope she doesn't mind you girl staying at her house for 3 weeks... Oh maybe this wasn't such a good idea..." This was Allison and Grabrielle's first trip together without any adult supervision, so as a mother, Brianna Reid was a little worried...

Ali sighed, really annoyed with her mother's constant worrying and interrogation. She grabbed her light blue suitcase and her favourite red Jansport backpack that she was going to use as a carry on. On one of the zippers, she hung her goodluck charm 'Hammy'. Hammy was a small, brown teddy bear that could fit perfectly inside her palm. It looked very rough and beat up because of how old it was, since Ali won it at the age of six. It was the first prize she ever won at the fair that is held in her town every summer, and she kept him ever since.

The two teenagers were heading towards the door as Ali quickly reassured her mom. "We'll be fine! We had lists on what to bring, and we checked them twice, our passports and plane tickets are in the side pockets of our carry ons, all the money is in our suitcases, just like you told us, and remember, aunty Rachel invited Gabby and I to stay with her in Melbourne for christmas! No need to worry! We'll call you as soon as we land. Bye! Love you!" And the girls were able to rush out of the house without anymore questions.

"Love you too hunny!" Mrs Reid was able to quickly say right before the door closed.

Ali and Gab ran to the taxi waiting outside the house to take them to the airport; they didn't want to be any more late for their flight. Once inside the cab they grinned at eachother. "This is going to be the best vacation EVER!" Ali said.

x-x-x-x-x

The two teens were exhasusted after their flight. They had stayed up the whole way, since they were so excited for the trip. They took another cab from the airport to a very nice airport in Sydney. The girls planned on staying in Sydney to go sightseeing for 3 more days, then would go to Melbourne to spend the rest of the break with Ali's aunt.

Rachel Waters is Allison's aunt on her mother's side. Being an unmarried 34 year old aspiring artist, she gets very lonely in her small house in Melbourne, which is why this year she asked her favourite niece to come visit her for christmas, and that she could bring a friend. Allison quickly said yes when she got the call two months ago and was very excited for the trip as she's never been outside of Ceanada-heck, she hasn't even been outside Vancouver before this trip.

They each collapsed on their queen sized beds in the hotel room, clearly too tired to be doing anything, even though it was only three in the afternoon. The time change really affected them.

"Maybe we should unpack," Gabby pointed out. "And we should also call our parents to tell them we landed safely..."

"I'm too tired..." Ali complained.

"Come on Ali!" the young brunnette replied, jumping off the bed. "Let's do it now and get it over with!" She grabbed her friend by the legs and pulled her off the bed. Ali got up quickly after hitting the floor, and frowned at Gabby. "That hurt," she whined.

"You complain so much Ali! Let's quickly unpack and visit downtown Sydney! The day is young and we have lots of time to sleep at night! We have a whole three days here in Sydney, so let's not waste them."

"Why are you always so... peppy?" Ali asked her friend, though she already knew the answer to that.

They were complete opposites yet the girls were still best friends. While Gabby was captain of the cheerleading, volleyball and basketball teams, Ali would rather stay on the sidelines and watch the games. While Gabby was busy as class president, and president of the prom and yearbook commitee, Ali was more of the type to let others do all the work. While Gabby worked extra hard in school to achieve a 95 percent average, Ali was content with her 75 percent average. Needless to say, Gabrielle was very involved in school and always strived to be better while Allison was happy with just being average.

"I'm a cheerleader duh. I need to be preppy! Now come on, let's go sightseeing and meet some cute boys!" Gabby replied.

Allison rolled her eyes at her best friend as she said, "you have a boyfriend remember?"

"Just because I have a boyfriend, doesn't mean I can't look at attractive Australian boys! Plus this is payback for going to the beach during the summer with Chase and watching him stare at every girl that walked by us. That boy has no shame." Gabby shook her head in disappointment.

Chase Goodman and Gabby Jensen. They are your stereotypical high school couple; she's the captain of the cheeleading team while he's the quarterback of the football team. They have been dating for two years now, and are the cutest couple at  school, and unlike most high school couples, they didn't flaunt their relationship, which is why they're most likely to be crowned prom King and Queen this year.

After calling their parents, the girls quickly unpacked their suitcases, grabbed some money, and headed out the door, ready for a fun filled and exciting vacation.

---------

im really sorry for taking so long to update and making it a short capter... grade eleven is a hard year not to mention my bad habit of procrastinsting.

so i decided with this story every chapter will alternate between luke & allison's point of view, and unless otherwise noted, thats how its going to stay.

call me out on my spelling or grammar mistakes, i suck at proofreading.

what i want to do for this story is attempt to update every other week, but im not guaranteeing that thats how its going to be... hope you enjoyed this chapter tho im sorry if its bad but next chapter the boys will be pulling the prank! :D im excited for that! enjoy your day lovelies and dont forget to comment and vote!