chapter 2

' six months later'

"Nik" !!! the beautiful blonde haired toddler squealed when his older brother klaus picked him up. the little one instinctively wrapped his tiny arms around klaus neck. making the older sibling sigh in content. over the months theodore has spent more time with his mother and klaus. for the older sibling always seemed to be sticking around.

esther sighed, her husband michael was not happy with the discovery that klaus prefered to be with his youngest son then be with the other boys his own age. esther tried talking to klaus , but he wouldn't listen and only became more attached, when theo finally said his first word which was 'Nik;'. from then on anything that Klaus did wrong was ment with a beating. a beating that left his back ,black and blue. Niklaus didn't seem to care as long as he was able to interact with theo even for just a little bit. speaking of ... she looked down to see theo cooing over klaus hair which was disheveled, the result of collecting wood. klaus seemed to preen at the attention his youngest sibling was giving him, he was always smiling with a twinkle in his eye now ,, that's been there since theodore was born.

she smiled and put theo on the furs in the ground who blew bubbles almost like outrage at being removed from his prefered place. Before his disgruntled expression could even last ten seconds , klaus quickly moved down on the floor and removerd himself in a way so that he was laying on his chest like theo. who quickly started cooing and trying to crawl closer to klaus. which was difficult. for his balance was always tough to work with because of his head, which always seemed to slow him down. to remedy the situation klaus quickly scooted closer. which was praised by theo who pulled his hair in thanks. but to klaus it was as if he was given the moon by that oh so beautiful gesture.

Unfortunately that was when michael came inside and ordered nikaus to stop wasting time and go collect more wood like his elijah. esther sighed ,' always comparing them together, one day it will drive a wedge between the brothers. Esther was right one day there would be a wedge between the brothers but not for the reason she was thinking.