Chapter Three

Marinette arrived to school as usual, forgetting, at first, that she and Adrien had kissed. When he saw her enter the class, he greeted her with a "Bonjour, mademoiselle," and Marinette suddenly blushed deeply and remembered that this was Chat Noir she was talking to.

Chloe strolled over to Adrien with a smirk, accompanied by Sabrina. "Oh, Adrien, I forgot to ask you if you would come to my super-exclusive party tonight." She curled her hair around her finger. "It's like, super exclusive." Sabrina nodded dutifully.

"Ehh..." Adrien hesitated. He hated making plans, because he never knew when he needed to transform into Chat Noir. (Unless he was with Marinette, of course; that was a different story.) And he didn't want to spend a night with only a few people besides Chloe. He struggled for an excuse.

"I, um... have fencing tonight. So, um... sorry, I can't."

"But, Adrien..." Chloe pouted. "For me?"

"Sorry, Chloe. I'm, uh... really behind... and... stuff."

Chloe scoffed and turned around on her heel. "Fine! See if I care." She and Sabrina returned to their seats.

Marinette remembered that Adrien didn't have fencing on Tuesday nights. He lied to Chloe! She suddenly felt very happy.

"Okay, class. Please turn to page 361," the teacher ordered. "Remember to take notes as we read."

The classes blurred by, one by one, until some random citygoer was Akumatized during lunch. Marinette and Adrien shared a glance, then dashed off to the roof together. Alya's eyes followed them, noticing their strange behavior. What could that possibly mean?

The duo returned an hour later, having skipped Physics. The rest of the day was mostly uneventful, except for the outburst in one class when Rose accidentally spilled bleach onto Juleka's clothing.

Adrien approached Marinette after school briefly while Marinette packed up her things. "Allo, princesse. Would you care to join me afterwards at my house for a quick chat?" he quipped. "I want to ask you something."

Chloe overheard him. "WHAT?" she shrieked, stomping over to him. "Adrien, didn't you say you were busy?"

"I was! Um, fencing practice was... cancelled."

"Ah, parfait! Why didn't you say so? You can attend the super-exclusive party tonight!" Chloe assumed, leaning against him.

"Uh, about that..."

"Sorry, Marinette," Chloe continued, clearly not sorry. "Adrien's coming with me." She attempted to link her arm around his, but he shied away from her slightly.

"Actually, Chloe..."

"What?" she snapped, turning to Adrien.

"I'm not coming to the super-exclusive party."

"What? But Adrien, you don't have fencing, do you?"

"Well, no..."

"So what's holding you back?"

"Um..."

"We have plans," Marinette interrupted hastily. Adrien flashed her a grateful expression.

"You're not seriously blowing me off for Marinette, are you?" Chloe asked in disbelief, curling her lip.

"Yes, I am! Because Marinette and I are-"

Marinette opened her eyes wide in fear. Don't say Ladybug and Chat Noir. Don't say it!

"Are what?"

"Are, um... dating," Adrien said quickly.

A collective gasp arose between Chloe, Sabrina, Alya, Nino, and Marinette.