Chapter Five

Note: Some fans have already written similar things about Superhero Day, but this is my take on it (it's not my idea!)

"Oh, no, Tikki!" Marinette fretted. "It's a disaster!"

Tikki watched Marinette dash around her room, searching for objects that weren't there. "What is?" she queried.

"It's Superhero Day at school," Marinette explained, while rummaging through her sewing basket. "But I completely forgot about it, and I said I'd be doing it, and everyone in the entire school is doing it-"

"Doing what?"

"Well, dressing up as our favorite superheroes, of course!" Marinette extracted a swatch of black fabric from her bag, then shook her head and dropped it back in. "Most of the Miraculouses are dormant, and no one likes Papillon. So it'll probably be mostly Ladybug and Chat Noir."

"What's wrong with that?"

"I don't have a Chat Noir costume!"

"You have a Ladybug costume," Tikki pointed out.

"Yes, but imagine what'll happen if I come to school as Ladybug!" A vivid scene played through Marinette's head. "They'll wonder why Ladybug is at their school, or they'll put the pieces together and realize that Marinette isn't there, or-"

"You could go to school as Ladybug and say that you're flattered to be honored like this or something," Tikki suggested.

"Yes, but then I'll still have to go to classes, and- argh! I can't go as Ladybug." Marinette closed her sewing bag.

"Hey, I have an idea," Tikki piped up. "Switch kwamis with Chat Noir. You'll wear his costume, and he can wear yours."

"That's a brilliant idea, Tikki!" Marinette dialed Adrien's number and explained the plan. "Meet me behind the school, all right?"

Once they were behind the school, Tikki and Plagg flew out of their respective bags. The two humans swapped their Miraculous stones. Marinette carefully put on Adrien's ring, then looked suspiciously at Plagg.

"So... I just say 'Plagg, transforme moi'?"Marinette asked with uncertainty.

"Wh- whoa!" Plagg was sucked into the ring instantly. Marinette watched in awe as cat ears sprouted on her head, a mask swept across her face, and the bodysuit encased her.

"Hey, this is pretty cool!" Marinette said, twisting around to look at her tail.

"M-my ears aren't pierced," Adrien realized, holding Marinette's earrings.

"Oh, that won't matter," Tikki assured him. "Try putting them on."

Adrien cautiously held the earrings up to his ear and shoved them in. He felt nothing, but somehow the earrings were securely in his ears.

"Tikki, transforme moi," Adrien managed. He closed his eyes as the mask and bodysuit covered him and the yo-yo formed on his hip.

They looked each other up and down.

"Not bad, Ladybug," Marinette commented. Adrien blushed.

"We gotta go to class," Adrien realized, hearing the bell. They dashed through the halls into homeroom, passing many classmates dressed up as various heroes and some villains. Most classmates who had been Akumatized were dressed as their own villain. Aurora Boreale was dressed up as Climatika, unsurprisingly. Nathaniel was the Dessinateur, Alix was Chronogirl, Max was Le Gamer, and Rose was La Fleuriste. However, Alya was dressed as Ladybug, as was Chloe. Sabrina donned a Chat Noir outfit.