03;

ma city | myg

ma city | myg

"You going to the library today?"

The books held firmly in Solbi's hand stopped halfway to her bag as Solbi turned her head, facing the owner of the voice on her left. Her eyes met the curious gaze of her close friend, who waited intently for her reply.

"Oh, Miyeon." She shook her head, "Nah, I think I'll just study at home today."

"Hm, really? Suit yourself. Study hard, not like you really need it anyways." Miyeon laughed, before waving curtly and walking away.

Solbi watched her friend's leaving figure for a short second before shaking her head and returning to stuff the remaining books into her bag.

Truth be told, Solbi had other unconfirmed plans in mind than just studying. Plans of which may or may not include the infamous mint haired boy.

If she were to go to the library with her friend and have Yoongi text her randomly, she wouldn't be able to produce a good lie as to why she was suddenly leaving. And not to mention, if Yoongi were to set the dinner date today, no way was she going in her uniform.

But she was getting ahead of herself. Would Yoongi call today? He probably forgot about the deal made between the two of them. Well, their encounter was literally just a few hours ago. There's no way he could have forgotten so quickly.

But wouldn't he have said something by now?

Solbi rid her mind of those thoughts with a regretful sigh. Why did she decide to fool around with him? She should have pretended nothing happened and left it.

Shrugging on her blazer, she proceeded down the school hall in the direction of the exit, walking past loitering students socialising in the after-school hours.

She had just exited the main gates before her attention was willed away from her surroundings and towards a group of males situated alongside the footpath she needed to cut through in order to get back home.

Her heartrate wavered as her eyes landed on ruffled mint coloured hair. The brightly dyed strands accompanied by a flawless, milky complexion signature to the very male wreaking havoc in her mind since study period.

"—yeah, I broke the tap by accident Ms Kim nearly suspended me."

"How the fuck have you not broken yourself yet?"

"You ain't getting on my bike. There's a 90% chance it'll crash with you on it."

Averting her stare away, Solbi blinked questioningly at the conversation swirling between the seven boys a few metres ahead of her. She peered ahead, not wanting to come off as creepy with her staring and cause any unnecessary attention.

However, her attempt of seeming uninterested plummeted to the ground within a few seconds of stepping closer to them.

Yoongi's head lifted lazily as her feet scraped against the ground, taking notice of her striding past. His eyes bore into Solbi's head, and she was more than aware of his captivating stare as she strained herself to not lock eyes with him.

Her ears burned, her sixth sense acknowledging the presence of Yoongi's gaze. But she powerwalked ahead, reprimanding herself mentally for shrinking into a flustered mess at a mere stare from him.

She frowned.

Maybe she really shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

+

Solbi sighed for the hundredth time in the past hour.

She tossed away the pen in her grip, massaging her aching fingers as her eyes scanned over the essay scribbled across the lined refill paper. She scowled at the pile of crumpled sheets scattered across her floor, all of which had missed the rubbish bin in her haste of studying.

Five hours.

Five hours spent re-writing the same essay over and over again in the hopes of perfecting the needed requirements to pass the history test in two days. Five hours locked away from the rest of civilisation as she stressed over an assessment that determined 30% of her yearly grade.

Her house was the definition of eerie, not a single light aside from her lamp visible through the cracks of her door flanking the ill-lit hallway.

Solbi's parents weren't home, as always. She didn't really mind however. It was quiet, the perfect environment for cramming. She couldn't stand studying with her parent's loud discussions downstairs disrupting her concentration.

Her stomach grumbled.

"Shit, I haven't eaten."

Tucking her feet into her fluffy slippers, she threw her jersey over her T-shirt and tights and reached for her phone, ready to head to the kitchen for a 9pm snack.

Her phone lit up.

From, 010-2797-5588
Dongseongno Street. 9 o'clock. Don't be late. Suga.

Suga?

That oddly familiar name lingered in Solbi's head as she analysed the message notification incredulously, taking careful steps down the stairs to the first floor of her house. It didn't seem like a spam number, the sender was a bit too... demanding.

She fully opened the text.

Another message appeared above the one she received, having been sent on an earlier occasion, consisting of only a single consonant. She didn't remember sending a text to 010-2797-5588. Whose number was it?

Suga.

That name flashed through her mind again.

She vaguely remembered hearing it from someone.

Kim Namjoon, one of Yoongi's friends she never associated herself with. Yes, him.

"Suga...? Su—Oh my god."

Everything finally clicked.

She glanced at the time labelled at the top corner of her phone.

9:13pm.

"Shit."

+ end +    

i forgot i finished writing this chapter like 2 months ago lmfao