Lumos

"You can't sleep either?" Harry asked Draco as he walked outside the tent. The first light of morning began to glimmer on the horizon.

Draco nodded, fingering one of the drawstrings on the hood of his black sweatshirt. He spoke up quietly, "How are you okay with all of this?"

"I dunno." Harry said, rubbing his forehead. "I guess something in me finally wants to do something about my parents' death and the only way I can do that is by helping you."

"But like, creatures that change shape to become your fears and people vanishing into thin air only to pop up in some place miles away. I mean, I grew up with it and it still sounds bizarre. You literally learned about it all yesterday and you're taking it really well." Draco said.

Harry shrugged. "It's better than what I've been dealing with the last few months. There was this guy in an alley who literally tried to sell me a severed finger."

Draco looked at him, horrified. "You can't be serious."

"Dead serious." Harry replied.

The other boy shuddered.

"Dude!" Harry laughed quietly, careful not to wake Ron and Hermione. "I'm kidding!"

"Oh my god, Harry." Draco shoved him.

They sat in silence for a moment, Harry twirled his wand in his fingers.

"Wanna learn a new spell?" Draco asked. "I mean, it's pretty basic. I learned it when I was eleven, but it's still something important."

"Sure."

"Okay." Draco produced his wand from his pocket. "All you have to do is hold your wand up and say Lumos."

Harry watched intently as the tip of Draco's wand lit up, creating a blue light in his eyes.

"Your turn." Draco said, gesturing toward his wand.

Harry followed suit and after a few attempts, his wand too lit up with a similar blue light.

"And the spell to turn it off," Draco said, "is Knox."

Their lights went out as they both spoke the incantation.

"So," Harry said, "if you don't mind me asking, what was with the boggart earlier?"

Draco tensed and Harry suddenly wanted to take back his question.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to though!"

"No, it's okay. It was going to come up sooner or later." He took a deep breath. "My biggest fear is that my parents will disown me because of who I'm friends with. There's this whole thing about blood and who your parents are in the wizarding world and I think it's bullshit. There's purebloods, people who have two magical parents, me and Ron for example. Then there's half-bloods who are people with a magical parent and a muggle parent, and then there's muggle-borns like Hermione who have two muggle parents. People like my parents want to get rid of anyone who is less than pureblood but at this point, everyone has at least one muggle relative so it's pretty much impossible. Like I said, bullshit."

"Sounds like it." Harry replied. Everything was finally starting to make more sense, even if there was a lot of prejudice in the magical world.