Chapter 1: I am right here (1)

So pathetic.

That is what I thought as I saw the man with my features lay in the hospital bed, crumpled and bleeding, as the countless surgeons tried to operate on him. No. The man didn't just have my features... he was me. The same ebony black hair, pale skin, thin build, and behind those closed-shut eyelids, were my crimson irises. My heartbeat continued to slow down, the interval between each beat increasing. Their trivial attempts at getting my heart beating again with the use of defibrillators were proving useless. I am going to die was the last thought that went through my mind before the room was filled with a singular, droning sound of my silent heart.

                                                                                     -------

Well, at least now I would get to know who would mourn for me. I thought as I skipped merrily towards my apartment. Of course, I knew that everyone's reactions would be the exact opposite of mourning, but that didn't do anything to reduce my excitement!

As I got off the elevator on my floor, I wondered if I would have to open the door like I normally did, or if I could just slide across the door like in all of those horror movies. Once I reached my apartment's door, I soon discovered that the latter did the trick just as well. As soon as I entered my flat, the first thing I noticed was that it was a mess, filled with boxes of all sorts. In the middle of the mess stood three females - one was a women, and the other two were girls. Mairu, Kururi and Namie-san. Perfect. I would be able to see their reactions already!

The phone rang and Mairu picked it up. 'Moshi moshi? Ah! Mom! Yeah, yeah. We've packed up pretty much all the important stuff. Don't worry, the courier guy's gonna come soon, then Kuru-nee and I'll leave and return back to our place. Mhm. Okay. Okay. Yeah, I did. Bye!' She sure sounded really cheerful for a sister whose brother just died yesterday. But, then again, that's expected of Mairu.

'Say... [What did mother say?]' Kururi got out.

'Ah! She just said that since Iza-nee won't be able to provide us anymore, she and father will take care of our expenses and will mail us money every month. We'll probably get even more than Izaya-the-miser gave us, Kuru-nee!' That made me frown. What was I? Their personal bank account? And anyway, I didn't give them too much money because they may become spoiled. I, myself, had no care for money and buying unnecessary expensive thing. Did they not feel the slightest tinge of sorrow?! Oh, well, they were my sisters. I wonder how everyone else feels about my death.

I saw Namie hold a box in her arms. Celty's head. It would definitely fit in a box of that size. I also noticed that she was on the phone speaking to someone. 'Oh, don't worry, Seiji! I'll be able to spend even more time with you now that Izaya's dead!' I almost flinched when I heard her put forth my mortality so bluntly. 'Ah, Seiji, don't say that~! I do need to meet you and spend time with you-' The doorbell rang. Namie let out a frustrated grunt, and then went back on her phone to tell Seiji 'I'll call you back in a moment, okay?'

Namie walked over and opened the door; two guys dressed in blue jumpsuits and white t-shirt stood there. Must be here to shift stuff. They walked in, and as Namie instructed them what to take, I moved out. I wonder what she'll be doing with my computers and the information... Probably use it for herself.

I used the train to get to Ikebukuro, amazed at how I could move through walls and the like whenever I wanted to, and didn't when I didn't want to. For example, I could easily pass through the gates, but I wouldn't fall through the train's floor. After I got off the train, I started walking towards Shinra's. Celty may be able to see and hear me, you know, being a Dullahan and all.