Chapter 4: Where are you? (2)

[Author's Note: Hello, Shizaya fans~! Here's the forth and last chapter of Dead or Alive! I'm sorry that this chapter came out soooo late! I'm not sure if there's a problem with my computer or something, but Wattpad just doesn't load correctly sometimes (and so I end up posting stuff on this site the last). Have fun reading!]

I wake up to the sound of my alarm echoing in my bedroom. The irritating sound made me feel like my eardrums were getting pierced by a thousand needles.

'Ugh.' I grunt as slam my hand on the alarm, causing it to shatter into a million small pieces. Ugh. Great. Now I have to buy another alarm. Just how many has it been this week... Oh, well, at least the damned thing shut up!

I hold my head in my hands as I recall the dream I had just had last night. What the fuck was I doing?! "Don't die"? Yeah, right! Like I would care if he died! In fact, I would be happy! It's all the flea's fault for acting so weird in my dream! Why the fuck had I even dreamt of him?! HIM of all people!

I forced myself to stop thinking of that strange dream and got out of my bed and went to brush my teeth and take a shower; had some breakfast. It was a perfectly normal day with my usual routine going on. After I'm done with my food, I would go to work. As soon as my stomach's full, I go back into my bedroom to change into the bartender clothes that my dear brother bought for me, and then head out. Just a normal day. And then I remember my dream.

'Argh!' I groan as I visibly cringe at the memory. Well, as normal as it can get with these thoughts in my head.

'Hey, Shizuo!' I hear a voice shouting my name. I look up to see Tom waving a hand at me, a warm smile pasted on his face. Next to him stood Varona with her usual expressionless face, exuding an unwelcome aura, the exact opposite of Tom-senpai. Though, after working with her, I could tell that that's just how she was on the outside. I'm sure that she's actually a much, much sweeter person.

'Hey, Tom-senpai.' I nod at him then turn to my kouhai and nod at her. 'Hey, Varona.'

'Good morning, Shizuo-senpai.' She wishes in her ever robotic voice.

'So, where to today?' I ask Tom, facing him.

'Kind of far. The guy hasn't paid his debt since a month now...' He complains as he starts walking in the direction of our first client's home.

The day passes pretty well. Soon, it is time to go back home, and Varona parts while I stay with Tom, since his house is on the way to mine. Most of the clients gave up their money without pestering us much. Some had to be shaken up a bit. But, overall, it was a good, quiet day. Quiet... How unusual... And that's when a realisation hits me. The flea hasn't been messing around with me since morning...

'Hey, Shizuo! What happened?' Tom's voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I realised that I had been standing in just one place for quite some time, thinking about Izaya's absence.

'Ah, nothing, nothing at all.' I say as I start to walk towards him. It's all that weird dream's fault. It's not like he's there everyday. He may just be busy plotting and planning something somewhere, which is why he hasn't been seen around here. But, as I walk, lost in thought, another voice gains my attention. It's a voice I don't know, but it's not the voice that causes me to go into an attentive mode, but the words that the voice forms.

'-id you hear?! They say that Orihara Izaya's dead!' I immediately turned around to see two girls in a school uniform.

'What?! Are you serious?!' It's the other one.