Bad Dreams (Haikyuu!)

"Tsukki, you want me to do anything for you?" Yamaguchi asked.

"No, if I want anything, I'll do it myself, thanks." Tsukishima answered. Yamaguchi went back to lying in Tsukishima's bed, which was quite comfortable.

"Okay Tsukki~" Yamaguchi yawned. He was beginning to fall asleep. "Are you sure?"

"Yes I am." Tsukishima replied. "I'm perfectly fine- hey Yamaguchi, are you listening?"

Tsukishima took off his headphones to see Yamaguchi sleeping. He gently smiled and placed a hand in Yamaguchi's hair before looking away and blushing harshly. Little did he know about what Yamaguchi was dreaming about.

Yamaguchi was crossing the road, after being beaten up by thugs from another school

"How am I going to tell anyone about this?" Yamaguchi asked himself. As soon as the light went green, he began crossing, but very slowly. To his bad luck, the light quickly turned red. He hadn't even made it to the other side of the road yet.

"Oh no, the lights gone red... I better be quick," Yamaguchi thought. A truck was speeding towards him. He looked to see the large vehicle right at him.

Yamaguchi wasn't able to avoid it, but he was pushed out the way. By who?

"Ow... Who was that?" Yamaguchi asked himself. He looked to see a pair of familiar glasses that were broken. He looked to the truck to see a body with blonde hair.

It was Tsukishima.

This meant that the glasses belonged to Tsukishima, who may have thrown away his own life to save Yamaguchi.

"No! This can't be happening..." Yamaguchi said, in a more terrified tone. He crawled over to Tsukishima's unconscious form and began shaking him gently.

"Tsukki, please wake up!" Yamaguchi yelled. He shook Tsukishima, hoping for him to open his eyes and begin moving. But nothing came from him.

"Tsukki! This isn't funny... Please wake up!" Yamaguchi shook Tsukishima even more. Still no response.

But when Yamaguchi leaned near Tsukishima's mouth, he couldn't hear breathing. He checked for his pulse, but he couldn't feel anything. This was really happening.

"TSUKKI! TSUKKI!" Yamaguchi cried. Tears were falling from his eyes. He had lost one of his closest friends.

"TSUKKI!" Yamaguchi cried. He sat up, sweaty and his chest rising and falling quickly. His breaths were short, rapid and panicky. Yamaguchi wanted to cry, but he didn't want to cry just in case Tsukishima entered. He was holding his tears back.

"Oh Yamaguchi, you're awake." Tsukishima said, entering the bedroom. "You're more sweaty than you were before. I got you a towel."

"I was sweating?" Yamaguchi asked. Tsukishima wiped away the sweat on his forehead using the towel he retrieved.

"Were you having a dream? What was it about." Tsukishima asked. Yamaguchi paused. He was trying to hold back his tears that were threatening to fall.

"Oh it was... Nothing," Yamaguchi lied. He turned away so he wasn't facing Tsukishima.

"Then explain why you were saying my name in your sleep." Tsukishima replied. Yamaguchi sworn his heart could've missed a beat.

"I was?" Yamaguchi asked.

"Yeah, you also held onto my top." Tsukishima explained.

"I can't remember what I was dreaming about," Yamaguchi lied. He was literally on the verge of crying.

"You're terrible at lying Yamaguchi," Tsukishima replied. He quickly took Yamaguchi and placed his head on his chest.

"If you're gonna cry, just let it all out." Tsukishima said. "Go ahead and cry as much as you want."

Upon hearing that, Yamaguchi started trembling and then
instantly burst into tears. He wailed into Tsukishima's chest.

"I had a dream that- I-" Yamaguchi sobbed. "That I had lost you! It seemed, so real! Tsukki! Tsukki!"

Yamaguchi went on crying Tsukishima's name several times. He gripped on Tsukishima's body, tight.

"TSUKKI!"

"TSUKKI!"

He broke down even more into the blonde's chest.

"Tsukki! I was so scared!" Yamaguchi cried. "I don't want to lose you, Tsukki!"

Tsukishima's cheeks slightly reddened. He looked away to hide his embarrassment. Yamaguchi continued to cry 'Tsukki' constantly.